What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

6C02DF1B-467D-4BE8-A4F7-8C9A7568F224.jpeg

Tried to find excuses so that I could take both out for a drive today.

Finished routing the fuel lines up to the Holley Sniper EFI. I've struggled between braid steel covered, hard or soft lines. Eventually just went with soft lines. Installed the new O2 sensor in the new exhaust. Tried removing the water jacket plug from the side of the SBC block. Broke my favorite 3/8" breaker bar by using a cheater bar. The plug is stripped so I need to move up to the intake manifold. Wouldn't you know it, it's blocked by the thermostat housing. I got a new one that's a swivel. Haven't attached it yet, so I hope it'll work.

My buddy has a Sahara Jeep with a safari top. Anyone ever seen one of these tops on a landcruiser? I think it would interesting to fab one up with fiberglass. Probably source the windows from Smittybuilt and use the current top for a mold. I think it would add an inch or two of height, but really open up the interior. I love the inside of his jeep. Lots of head room and it doesn't feel cramped at all.

One step at a time.

Dark machinery gray.
20190812_162253.jpg

What are your plans for mounting the basket?

I've got a similar build but debating on using the hitch mount for a removable basket or hard mounting the basket....

Thoughts?

I listed a pic of how it came out. Mainly a storage rack for a cooler and beach towels. Or back in PA for whatever I kill.

Same beach different summer - spotted blue last year and beige this year on the same lot :)
*I’m sure my girls wonder why, with all there is to do/see on a beach vacation, I feel drawn to an auto shop to take pictures of old trucks!

1F95FAE1-FB28-4329-91E4-C3DB489EAAA4.jpeg

11E97324-2131-49CA-97D3-671EBAA1D151.jpeg

Finished routing the fuel lines up to the Holley Sniper EFI. I've struggled between braid steel covered, hard or soft lines. Eventually just went with soft lines. Installed the new O2 sensor in the new exhaust. Tried removing the water jacket plug from the side of the SBC block. Broke my favorite 3/8" breaker bar by using a cheater bar. The plug is stripped so I need to move up to the intake manifold. Wouldn't you know it, it's blocked by the thermostat housing. I got a new one that's a swivel. Haven't attached it yet, so I hope it'll work.

My buddy has a Sahara Jeep with a safari top. Anyone ever seen one of these tops on a landcruiser? I think it would interesting to fab one up with fiberglass. Probably source the windows from Smittybuilt and use the current top for a mold. I think it would add an inch or two of height, but really open up the interior. I love the inside of his jeep. Lots of head room and it doesn't feel cramped at all.

This used to be a thing, but I think no longer available

download.jpeg

He coulda done it in the garage like the rest of us but me thinks the flyfisher be a show-off! ;)

I painted my last garage green, needless to say my wife doesn't approve.

Last edited:

Try calling land cruiser specialties in Oregon. They used to make a top like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom