What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some Of My Restored Knobs paired with some NOS Hazard Switches

My My , what a Pair .................:grinpimp:

DSCN9577.JPG
DSCN9580.JPG
DSCN9583.JPG
DSCN9586.JPG

Custom floor mats for a Gozzard tub.
Use to source Stall Mats from Tractor Supply Company. They no longer offer a good solid rubber mat that I could find. Got these from Lowes. One mat did both floors. Another for the rear bed area. Less than $45.00 for both. Not as thick as the mat I use to get from T.S.C. but will work just fine.
Template made from paper to cardboard to mat.
20190313_154353.jpg

20190313_154322.jpg

20190313_155527.jpg

The Ides of March are going to provide progress on STPCHLD. Today I delivered parts for powder coating.

(more to follow... soon)

before powder.JPG

Found out I should not be using cheap see thru plastic fuel filters with a high pressure fuel injection system... 🏴‍☠️ lol....

Was pulling up to Grocery store and thought.... What's that gas smell?
Car dies in parking lot....
Get out and see a large trail of dumped fuel leading up to my stalled rig... :pompous:

Looked under the hood and plastic filter is busted open.
I only had it there as a way to see the quality of the fuel as I am also using the steel filters that came with the Holley Sniper EFI kit.
Anyhoo, didn't have proper tools to fix... 10 minutes later, guy pulls up and asks me what's up...
He had a bunch of tools in the back of his pickup...
Asked for a hack saw... Used it to cut a 2 inch section from an unused metal vacuum line that ran behind the engine along the firewall.
Line has proper OD.. So I inserted it into the fuel hose making a coupler out of it, tightened up the hose clamps, and off I went... No leaks, no issues... Gotta love old fixes for old rigs...
Adding random pic because you all love pics...

78 mustard.jpg

Found out I should not be using cheap see thru plastic fuel filters with a high pressure fuel injection system... 🏴‍☠️ lol....

Was pulling up to Grocery store and thought.... What's that gas smell?
Car dies in parking lot....
Get out and see a large trail of dumped fuel leading up to my stalled rig... :pompous:

Looked under the hood and plastic filter is busted open.
I only had it there as a way to see the quality of the fuel as I am also using the steel filters that came with the Holley Sniper EFI kit.
Anyhoo, didn't have proper tools to fix... 10 minutes later, guy pulls up and asks me what's up...
He had a bunch of tools in the back of his pickup...
Asked for a hack saw... Used it to cut a 2 inch section from an unused metal vacuum line that ran behind the engine along the firewall.
Line has proper OD.. So I inserted it into the fuel hose making a coupler out of it, tightened up the hose clamps, and off I went... No leaks, no issues... Gotta love old fixes for old rigs...
Adding random pic because you all love pics...

View attachment 1926798
Get thee one of these:

Working on the top. Using Cruiser Corp Rustic green spray on some of the metal interior parts. Making it go further by spraying Rustoleum Hunter Green then top coating with the Cruiser Corp spray. Close enough for me. You can see in the last photo it is lighter in the sun.

20190313_175614.jpg

20190313_175626.jpg

20190313_175647.jpg

Thanks a lot... Been threatening to get those for years and wife has been asking what I want for my berfday[sic] that is coming up so seeing as how I was running around trying to find some bolts with the right thread just hours ago this inspired me to get them.

This being the what did you do to your land cruiser section I will ad that I was inspecting and cleaning grounds today.

On my return trip home from LA (lower Alabama) my 45 rolled the 10k mark over.

A9FBFE1B-622E-4154-A270-36CBFA7F6BD1.jpeg

Need to check your oil! :oops:

Congrats on the mileage.

Thanks, but the engine wasn't actually running when the picture was taken.

My '78 FJ40 has been sitting in storage for 8 years. I've come to the realization that she's a bigger project than I want, so I think it's time to get her ready to sell.

I drained the old fuel and put in some fresh gas. Bought a new battery. Removed the plugs, put some motor oil down the cylinders, and rotated the engine to coat the cylinders. Put the plugs back in. Drained the radiator and added some distilled water and antifreeze. Started her up and let the smoke clear. :)

The clutch pedal is soft and the clutch isn't engaging so it's probably the hydraulics. I'll figure out where the leak is, and probably just replace the master and slave cylinders.

Title is still for Washington but I live in Maryland now, so I think I need to transfer the title to Maryland.

Brakes are shot and some lights don't work. Debating whether I'll work on those and try to get her licensed, or just try to sell her unlicensed.

Anyway, that's what I did this week.

COULD YOU PM ME YOU IN BOX IS FULL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom