What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Custom floor mats for a Gozzard tub.
Use to source Stall Mats from Tractor Supply Company. They no longer offer a good solid rubber mat that I could find. Got these from Lowes. One mat did both floors. Another for the rear bed area. Less than $45.00 for both. Not as thick as the mat I use to get from T.S.C. but will work just fine.
Template made from paper to cardboard to mat.View attachment 1926725

View attachment 1926726

View attachment 1926728

Thanks for the idea. I didn't want to pay up for a floor mat and I have lots of horse stall mats laying around!

Started fitting my bib.
D8D7EFAC-400E-4D8A-9F4E-EB43C77F1A98.jpeg

Painted the arms on my gauges. Testors Neon Orange was an EXACT match for the unfaded parts that were hidden behind the faceplate. I have 98% of a bottle left over. I need to figure out what to do with it.
Fitted front and rear floor mats (CityRacer)
Installed rear emblems.
Got the bib sorted. Still need to decide on headlights. What to do?
Installed custom tuffy console arm rest to match seats.
Not pictured:
Installed FJ40dash.com upper and lower dash pads and roll bar pads.
Started reassembling doors. I forgot to buy new door felts so that's on hold.
Installed glove box door.
Bolted in rear heater box.
New OEM rearview mirror
New side mirrors.

Painted the arms on my gauges. Testors Neon Orange was an EXACT match for the unfaded parts that were hidden behind the faceplate. I have 98% of a bottle left over. I need to figure out what to do with it.
Installed rear emblems.
Not pictured:
New OEM rearview mirror
New side mirrors.

I almost wish my seats were in bad shape and in need of recovering so I could go coral!...................................... Almost :grinpimp:

@gericurl love the color of those seats as well. I am with Michael, May use that color when I re-upholster seats in my brothers ‘76

I haven't posted in this thread in quite a while and I really want/need to share what I learned about hearing aids... I've shared this in two other threads, but want to ensure people are aware...hearing aids are EXPENSIVE... So, save some money!!eo

So, what have I done with 44 this week?

I drove 44 out to Nellis AFB yesterday and picked up my new hearing aids... My hearing is crystal clear, for the first time in memory and my Tinnitus is Completely masked by unobtrusive white noise... I feel like a 70th birthday miracle!!

Background... A couple of weeks ago, I had an appointment with the active duty audiologist at Nelllis AFB and learned that my hearing hasn't changed since I retired from the AirForce in Aug, 1988. It was bad in the high freq range back then and it hasn't improved. The tinnitus was what was most maddening... I know people can relate... I have had tinnitus for 40-45 years... The last few years, it's grown progressively overwhelming

During that appt, I paid $700 for a pair of $6k hearing aids, under the auspices of the Retiree Program.

DoD sponsored Retiree-At-Cost Hearing Aid Program (RACHAP)

www.military.com

Hearing Aids for Military Retirees
DoD and VA offer programs to help military retirees get hearing aids.
www.military.com

www.military.com

So, the moral... if any retired military need hearing help, try your local military ENT clinic or Audiologist. Some active duty clinics are overwhelmed with so many active duty patients.. try another location until you find one that can help.
-------------------------------------------------

For any active duty... TriCare explanation

Hearing Aids | TRICARE

tricare.mil

tricare.mil

---------------------------------------------------
VA info
www.healthyhearing.com

Do you qualify for hearing aids from the VA?
Many veterans are affected by hearing loss and tinnitus. If you've served in the military, you may qualify for hearing healthcare benefits and disability compensation from the VA.
www.healthyhearing.com
www.healthyhearing.com

------------------------------------------------

CostCo sells these $6k hearing aids for $2660/pair and the hearing test is free. This is the direction my Wife will take.

Cheers!!

I finally found the energy to tackle straightening the PS, bottom ambI door hinge.

It turned out perfect, but the paint wasn’t a close match.

Luckily, I only painted it to keep it from rusting... I’m thinking of turning this into a camo paint job.

Actually, 44 is all about function... not form.

68087150-7AD5-4040-88B2-9962E82A6EA6.jpeg

I haven't posted in this thread in quite a while and I really want/need to share what I learned about hearing aids... I've shared this in two other threads, but want to ensure people are aware...hearing aids are EXPENSIVE... So, save some money!!eo

So, what have I done with 44 this week?

I drove 44 out to Nellis AFB yesterday and picked up my new hearing aids... My hearing is crystal clear, for the first time in memory and my Tinnitus is Completely masked by unobtrusive white noise... I feel like a 70th birthday miracle!!

Background... A couple of weeks ago, I had an appointment with the active duty audiologist at Nelllis AFB and learned that my hearing hasn't changed since I retired from the AirForce in Aug, 1988. It was bad in the high freq range back then and it hasn't improved. The tinnitus was what was most maddening... I know people can relate... I have had tinnitus for 40-45 years... The last few years, it's grown progressively overwhelming

During that appt, I paid $700 for a pair of $6k hearing aids, under the auspices of the Retiree Program.

DoD sponsored Retiree-At-Cost Hearing Aid Program (RACHAP)

www.military.com

Hearing Aids for Military Retirees
DoD and VA offer programs to help military retirees get hearing aids.
www.military.com

www.military.com

So, the moral... if any retired military need hearing help, try your local military ENT clinic or Audiologist. Some active duty clinics are overwhelmed with so many active duty patients.. try another location until you find one that can help.
-------------------------------------------------

For any active duty... TriCare explanation

Hearing Aids | TRICARE

tricare.mil

tricare.mil

---------------------------------------------------
VA info
www.healthyhearing.com

Do you qualify for hearing aids from the VA?
Many veterans are affected by hearing loss and tinnitus. If you've served in the military, you may qualify for hearing healthcare benefits and disability compensation from the VA.
www.healthyhearing.com
www.healthyhearing.com

------------------------------------------------

CostCo sells these $6k hearing aids for $2660/pair and the hearing test is free. This is the direction my Wife will take.

Cheers!!
Thank you for your service Sir!

Installed rear emblems.
Not pictured:
New OEM rearview mirror
New side mirrors.

HELL YA! that's knocken down the list looks great too!:clap:

Finally picked up a front axle I can use. It's mostly junk due to rust on most of the parts but I've got a good starting point for what's been kind of holding up my project. Unfortunately my best friend (pictured in my avatar passed away one day from home on a month long camping trip. Anyhow, did some work and got the bash plate welded onto the front of the axle and have a bunch of parts ordered.
IMG_7878.JPG

Finally picked up a front axle I can use. It's mostly junk due to rust on most of the parts but I've got a good starting point for what's been kind of holding up my project. Unfortunately my best friend (pictured in my avatar passed away one day from home on a month long camping trip. Anyhow, did some work and got the bash plate welded onto the front of the axle and have a bunch of parts ordered.
View attachment 1928245

I’m very sorry for your loss.

@Solice in Solitude

I also received hearing aids from the VA clinic in Kernersville, NC, told they were the best available yet the tinnitus I have in both ears wasn't masked like your has been so the hearing aids never lived up to their promise. I also tried the hearing aids from Costco with the same results. The only thing that happened at Costco was my wallet was much lighter. So I have learned to live with the constant sound in the ears and the constant and never ending pain in my lower back. I am happy your hearing has been improved!

Thanks for your long service. A long military career is indeed an accomplishment.

@Solice in Solitude

I also received hearing aids from the VA clinic in Kernersville, NC, told they were the best available yet the tinnitus I have in both ears wasn't masked like your has been so the hearing aids never lived up to their promise. I also tried the hearing aids from Costco with the same results. The only thing that happened at Costco was my wallet was much lighter. So I have learned to live with the constant sound in the ears and the constant and never ending pain in my lower back. I am happy your hearing has been improved!

Thanks for your long service. A long military career is indeed an accomplishment.

I’m sorry it hasn’t worked for you, David... but, since you already own the hearing aids, it’s worth spending time to try to determine why they don’t work for you.

to be clear, are these the hearing aids that don’t work for you?

Did your audiologist add the Resound Smartphone app to your smartphone? Or, have you added it? And have your hearing aids been linked to your smartphone?

The Resound App is most compatible with iPhone, iPod and iPad? What phone are you using?

But, they do have some compatibility with Android smartphones... mentioned here:

Were you trained on how to get the most out of your hearing aids, using the Resound App? Especially, how to make adjustment, in order to best mask tinnitus, with various forms of white noise?

Of note... I just notice Resound also has a tinnitus app that can be used with Bluetooth-enabled headphones, by tinnitus suffers who don’t own hearing aids.

Their webpage also mentions a phone “clip” that improves their hearing aid use, with Android smartphones.

I’m certainly no expert... merely an extremely satisfied user. I wore mine, while hiking, in the desert, in 25mph winds and simply switched to the “outdoors” mode and the wind noise was gone.

In closing, I’ve learned over the years, that companies, like Resound, will generally make every effort to turn bad experiences around... their reputation matters to them.

Perhaps, you received the same hearing aids as me.., but, not the same outstanding service from your audiologist...

Don’t give up... don’t accept failure... everyone is unique... but, these are worth investing a little more time in trying to make them work for you.

All the best!!

:cheers:

COULD YOU PM ME YOU IN BOX IS FULL

I tried starting a new conversation and it says I have too many. Don't see a way to delete conversations, but there is an option to "leave" conversations. Left several but it still says my inbox is too full. I have no idea what to do. Should I leave more conversations? Are "conversations" what you're calling the "inbox" (I don't see anything called "inbox")?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom