What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welded up the cracks on my front fender. Is this rubber piece still available? It goes between the fender mount (#3) and the fender.

upload_2019-1-25_18-27-45.jpeg

upload_2019-1-25_18-28-8.jpeg

Finally finished my heater/blower rebuilds and got everything put back in now that im 80% healed from hernia surgery from just before xmas!

All i can say is WOW what a difference. I didnt know the fan could blow that much and you can feel it sucking air in the cowl vent. Definatly gonna roast my feet off now. I though it got pretty warm in the cab before. Ill get some temps maybe tomorrow.

I have the CCOT quarters and found them pretty easy to work with. Willd take a bit of fineseing to get the best fit. But fitting them was fairly simple. Pretty much I just cut off everything like 4" down and removed all the spot welds. Then just fit the new panel overlapping the little bit of the old. Once in place put a cut line (sharpie in my case) and cut the rest. Then it was just a matter of lining it all up.

This was with the "overlap" before the final trimming of the old metal.

Im sure there are tons of ways to do this. This was just the way I found to be easiest.
full
Match up the bottom of the new quarter with the bottom of the rocker and that will give you the cut line at the top

I feel ya

I made my user name on ttora around 2002. I no longer have a Tacoma or live in Alabama... it happens

Life’s been busy so I haven’t been on here much. Looks like you got the 40. Post up pics and what you do to it. I need motivation to get out and about with mine as well.

Congrats on getting a 40

Brought this home last week, a 1973 FST. Traded a small Kubota for it. This was a interesting Craigslist deal. I'd been trying to sell the tractor for months and changed to ad to read will trade for FJ40, FJ55, FJ60, FJ62 Land Cruiser. Ad still drew no attention until three weeks ago when I had a man in GA respond. His Ford tractor had just died and he had had this FJ40 project sitting around in a stagnated state for a few years. We worked the deal. The '73 is complete except for some small parts and solid. It is in a lot better condition than the '77 behind it. I've spent the day going through the '73 to check it out, list what needs to be done to have it driveable, and sorting through all the parts that came with it.

IMG_1567.JPG

Test fitting the home brew ARB bullbar that I picked up last summer for < 1/3 price of a new old style ARB. It fits. Bullbar will ride on the front of the '77 and and the Warn 8274 will sit behind it.

IMG_1579.JPG
IMG_1581.JPG

Got the final bits into paint on the 64...
Had to reshoot the drivers side fender and apron due to some issues like scratching and a small bubble.
Anyhoo, hoping to mount those tomorrow and get to work on the top cap! (Last step!)

How do you find the 10.5 width? I read somewhere someone was not happy with this. I don’t have powersteering so I do not want to go with 12.5. Also in Australia the cops don’t like it if tyres are showing past the body line.

I've got the Coopers STT Pro 10.5" on mine without power steering and it's not too bad. It actually made the steering lighter then the AT's they replaced.

And i have an air lock i beleive is in the heater core....

1 inlet is nice and hot the return is cold. Whats gonna be the esiest way to get this handled? I tried running it for 20 mins on an incline but no luck.

@Varty Yo Have you ever used something like this? https://www.amazon.com/EPAuto-Radia...5542&sr=8-1&keywords=radiator+funnel+fill+kit
I have a mid 90's ram and they are notorious for air in the cooling system after any work is done. I tried everything and nothing worked until I bought one of these. Worth the money if you're fairly sure it's trapped air and not a clog somewhere in the heater core.

I used the Lisle version of this and it burped my system when nothing else seemed to work.

So i fashioned my own type of fill bottle before i got a chance to see the replys lol.

It took in about 1 pint of coolant then nothing else. Funny thing the top of the rad never gets hot or really even warm even the coolant i can touch in the fill neck is cool. The rear heater is getting nice and warm but not much in the front heater. I let it run for at least 20mins. Im stumped. Will taking it in to get the rad flushed etc. help get any air out? It prob is due for a flushing its been awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom