What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The RTT does run the full length of the rack. I will probably leave the rack on. The RTT is 150 lbs and the rack is almost 200 lbs. Plus I would have to store them after removal.

I had an old leaking Master and Slave Cylinder for my clutch that I changed out.

No More Leaks and smooth. Thanks @Cruiser Corps

Lake

IMG_8966.JPG

New 'tars' 'n' wheels, as we say down south. 10 x 15 US Wheel spokes and 33x12.50R15 Pro Comp "tars". If my wife notices the new look I can always blame @coonassjohn for publishing a photo of his fine truck some time ago. The wheels have adequate clearance all around with no rubbing but the inside rim was so close they couldn't add a weight so the used balance bags. They are guaranteed and if they don't do a good job I can have them removed for a full refund.

DSCN0568.JPG
DSCN0570.JPG

Now to finish the heater installation, wire the switches and do an oil change. Then it will be ready for the road.

BTW Someone said in another thread that lug nuts needed to have at least 6 threads to adequately attach the wheel. I have about 8 but I will have longer studs installed just to be safe.

Last edited:
Bought and installed a cheap arse carb off amazon for 106 bucks for my 12/78 40.

Bolted right up and runs like a champ. Im still going to rebuild the OEM carb, but what a pleasant surprise!!!

If you need a carb and are short on $$, this might be the trick . It's for mechanical linkage, manual choke.

Partol Carburetor Engines Replace Carb for 1969-1987 Toyota Land Cruiser 2F 4230cc FJ40 engine, 21100-61012, 21100-61050, 201055772420 - Manual Choke https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0787YHKQ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Y9uXAb5D7N6SC

IMG_7634.JPG
IMG_7635.JPG
IMG_7636.JPG
IMG_7640.PNG
IMG_7641.PNG
Seemingly everything-- brakes are done finally. Had powder coating done on some parts-- waiting to get powder coated wheels back with Super Traxions mounted. Glad I am recovering seats-/ a family of rats were living in there at some point!! Geez

PTO winch mounting will be done after clutch (and while in the neighborhood might as well replace) work gets done

Not sure weather to post this here, or if there is schadenfreude thread somewhere... or maybe a new thread: WOW I never would have guessed THAT would be such a PITA. (I think that would be a great thread) But it did happen to my cruiser this week... Not A CJ reminded me how I've been meaning to do the 'legroom mod', so I started that process; hey working on the truck is fun! More leg room, found some POR 15 in a rattle can, things are coming together nicely, what a great mod: low on the difficulty scale, high on the payoff scale; what a great day! Everything's almost back together and done... turns out, when you take the seat belt bolt off the latch side, which you don't need to do, there is a possibility that you can cross thread the 11x1.25 nut welded to the inside of your seat assembly. Turns out you can't just thread the bolt in from the other side to sort things out. Turns out a tap for 11x1.25 is not easy to come by locally. I was swearing like Ralphie's dad in 'A Christmas Story". Worst part is, I feel like I got put in the penalty box; I have to wait till Monday when the man in the big brown truck brings me the tap. The f#ck around for this mistake is officially taking longer than the original job... anywhooo. I know I'm not walking on the moon here, but I thought it might bring a smile to someone out there. I thought too it might be further proof of a new mechanical theorem I've been working on: a component's scarcity is directly proportional to the likely hood of [accidental] damage to that component. Cheers, matt

This is a pic thread right? stare not into the Abyss...
KIMG0021.jpg

@FJ406 - FYI - Too late now that you ordered one, but 11mm x 1.25 is virtually interchangeable with SAE 7/16 x 20. Really. The difference is about .002" in diameter, the thread pitch difference is unmeasurable. I've used the 7/16 tap on mine, worked perfectly.

Apparently, that's why seatbelt fittings standardized on that thread - car makers who were in metric countries could use 11x1.25, while the US makers could use 7/16x20, and fitting hardware could interchange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom