What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I practiced my bolt extraction skills.... during my many breaks from the frustration I was able to figure out a previous owner had used quality 555 joints and gave the brakes some attention some time in the past. I also took apart the two bibs I have to clean the parts and install the better shape ones to have a good front bib. Gotta get some chrome polish to bring the headlight rings back to life.

757E44C9-C3B3-4DD7-98AD-2C94A81D9A5D.jpg

Also got some hard top sides in better shape on Friday. They were blasted before me purchasing them so I'll need to figure out best way to protect them while I keep working to get cruiser ready for paint. I'm thinking a quality etching or epoxy primer from Eastwood. I need to pick up some more por15 from them. I read on here the small cans are best unless you'll use all at once and I'm doing small jobs over time to make headway.

6D27F09C-1B53-4238-8E60-AF02FE041E98.jpg

Last edited:
12 foot if memory serves me correctly. You might want to do some research on it because I think there are some lifts that don't go quite as high but don't require as much ceiling clearance.

Man that floor looks clean!

Looks like a brand new shop!

It does look awesome! If it were mine it would stay that way very long cause I never seem to have much time left for scrubbing... ha ha.

How about the width needed for the posts?

Pete

How much space is required to install those lifts? I'm wondering if I can fit one between the second floor rafters in my building….

Pete

Manual for mine (Dannmar D10/ACX) says 12' 6", for the top of the posts and the cables and hydraulic lines that run over the top in a metal tray. Especially for an asymmetric lift like that one, you need to think about where the front, rear, and the top of the cab will be when you lift the largest vehicle you're likely to be working on. That particular lift is rated for 10,000 lbs., which will hold a decent-size truck or van.

Man that floor looks clean!

Looks like a brand new shop!

It is! I had the floor epoxy coated, to make it easier to clean than bare concrete. Nothing ever wrenched in it yet, I haven't even moved in my tools or anything. Will start today, now that the epoxy has cured for a week. If you're interested, I have a "build thread" for the shop here: Building a new house and shop

Replaced my front shackles and bushings

IMG_0892.JPG

I asked him if he got on mud, he responded every now and then. I didn't ask his handle, so if he wants to take ownership I'll leave it up to him.

My brother got mad at me because I was visiting tooooooooo much with this guy. Great guy, said he wrote an article for Toyota Trails and is waiting for it to be published. His knowledge & skill level went way beyond mine on Land Cruisers so I kind of enjoyed just listening.

Mark, I was hoping that you or someone else might recognize the rig. Not a whole lot of 45's.

I asked him if he got on mud, he responded every now and then. I didn't ask his handle, so if he wants to take ownership I'll leave it up to him.

My brother got mad at me because I was visiting tooooooooo much with this guy. Great guy, said he wrote an article for Toyota Trails and is waiting for it to be published. His knowledge & skill level went way beyond mine on Land Cruisers so I kind of enjoyed just listening.

Mark, I was hoping that you or someone else might recognize the rig. Not a whole lot of 45's.

Then he should know the bezel is upside down...

No photos, just mundane stuff.

Changed the oil and filter, cleaned the air filter and greased everywhere I could fit the grease gun. Wire brushed with the angle grinder and painted some metal on the steering gear which was showing some signs of rust. Installed new plugs, rotor and cap. Had new wires but they had a short in them which caused a misfire so I returned them and installed the old wires. Problem solved. Trying to get ready for Spring and get the maintenance out of the way so I can enjoy the 40 as it is supposed to be enjoyed.

927543_901149996660319_2120502855_n.jpg

I started rewiring over a year ago and got stuck on te dash. I finally got a little help finishing this job up and have a running car again. Also used a SOR kit and got the front seats looking halfway decent again. Next week I should get my new radiator in and I'll tackle my cooling issues.

How hard was it to change the bushings with the leafs still on the truck?

Just use jacks to make it weight neutral. Don't be scared to burn the old ones out

ALrighty. I think mine on the OME are worn out so its on the list to replace those. Getting clunking sounds when flexing

Just use jacks to make it weight neutral. Don't be scared to burn the old ones out

I was able to push em out when I drove the shackle out. I placed the jack on the front bumper to deweight and loosened the u- bolts enough to give some wiggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom