What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, we used a @BenCC M2V2
View attachment 2326835

With a RAM X Grip and a few other Ram pieces. Putting the phone in the X Grip is not a simple one handed procedure, but it does hold the phone really well.

Ooh, thanks!

That may be perfect to replace my Ham radio mount.

I've already got @BenCC's pocket change mount and it works great.

Finished it. The latches really leave a lot to be desired and with the metal plate cover from Huracan Fabrications the tailgate is very heavy to lift (I have to warn my wife!).
Otherwise, everything is well designed, instructions were easy to follow and the tailgate holds a surprising amount of cràp.
20200601_191253.jpg
20200601_185243.jpg

Yes, we used a @BenCC M2V2
View attachment 2326835

With a RAM X Grip and a few other Ram pieces. Putting the phone in the X Grip is not a simple one handed procedure, but it does hold the phone really well.
You are not only faster than me, the reply is so good lol

• Haha
Reactions: jLB
Loaded up some "replacement" parts, waiting for new fasteners, PO decided to do some weight reduction at the mall and ditched the oem pan and bolts
15B85829-4A82-4785-9593-5DF6311235F9.jpeg

Since everything was apart I figure why not try and tackle the jammed up sunroof that leaks. Quick trip to ace hardware finding copper tubing that was very close in size a bit of solder and about 2 full days of work. Got the sunroof working again for a total of $10

BF70D9D2-8302-4B23-98F1-FBF13E94E885.jpeg

97CE4352-8B3D-4764-9D4C-A33D06BCDCFD.jpeg

E0027FDC-37C3-440B-904C-18B78C883E16.jpeg

24E4B518-6A1A-4CA6-88A6-2653F607DBF5.jpeg

F15D3341-5F0A-4D01-9C7E-E42457523D4B.jpeg

Was given some well travelled 285/75 18 tires on 200 series wheels. Rattlecanned the wheels black and did the pinch weld mod. No rubbing and drives ok so I will probably finish wearing the tires out this summer and put the 33s back on for the winter.
MVIMG_20200601_140659.jpg

Learning a lot since this is the first vehicle I've ever worked on.

Had some help from a couple buddies and we got valve cover gaskets and related knocked out:

IMG_3617.JPG

Ended up having to do the driver side twice since it spurted some oil the first time (it was tricky the first time, but really easy the second time after having a little insight). There was also a snapped bolt in the process, but thankfully it was right at the top of it, so it was easy to recover. We discovered in the process the water temp sender wire housing and sensor have pretty much melted/disintegrated over the years, so I had to order a new housing and grabbed a sensor at AutoZone:

IMG_3621.JPG
IMG_3620.JPG

Next up on the list are brake pads and UCAs since the old ones are looking funky, although I have no idea what kind of rotors and pads I have right now (or how mucht that matters?), except that the rotors are drilled and slotted. I also haven't a clue about how to measure how much lift the truck currently has in case anything needs to change once the new UCAs go on. I think it has a light OME kit on, but I'm not sure how to check that all yet.

Today I installed my a daytime running lights switch from Cruiser Heads 4x4 ch4x4.com
I really hate that you can't ordinarily turn off the DRLs.
I installed the switch so that it only lights up when the DRLs are also on. I did this by connecting the power for the switch light to the same circuit that activates the relay for the DRLs.
20200602_131848-01.jpeg
20200602_134939-01.jpeg
20200602_134936-01.jpeg

New rear springs and spacers with the help of 2001LC.
E10FF571-C09B-4603-BD49-EC7DA0129C60.jpeg

I had to post this because I was very impressed by the results.

Someone posted in this thread earlier, a few pages back, about treating their door seals with some weirdly named stuff called Gummi Pflege Stift and I was intrigued. I have been dealing with some wind noise on my driver's side door seal for a while now and after seeing the price for replacement OE trim seals, I figured I give this a shot first. They seem to seal much better.

I also used it on my door pillars that were very badly oxidized after 20 years in the sun and I am amazed at the results, they look like new! I treated my windshield cowl as well, which was also very badly oxidized and again very expensive to replace.

I apologize for the terrible photos, I couldn't get great lighting in my garage.

Door pillars before, very oxidized and almost a matte finish after 20 years in the sun, but very hard to see in this photo...
IMG_20200602_163332.jpg

Pillars after treating them (I needed to wipe the excess off, its on there a little thick). I made a red arrow to a spot that I missed so you can see how pale, matte and oxidized they were beforehand.
IMG_20200602_163410.jpg

My windshield cowl with some of this stuff on it to show the difference.
IMG_20200602_163354.jpg

So thank you internet stranger for this very weirdly named product suggestion!

IMG_20200602_171131.jpg

I had to post this because I was very impressed by the results.

Someone posted in this thread earlier, a few pages back, about treating their door seals with some weirdly named stuff called Gummi Pflege Stift and I was intrigued. I have been dealing with some wind noise on my driver's side door seal for a while now and after seeing the price for replacement OE trim seals, I figured I give this a shot first. They seem to seal much better.

I also used it on my door pillars that were very badly oxidized after 20 years in the sun and I am amazed at the results, they look like new! I treated my windshield cowl as well, which was also very badly oxidized and again very expensive to replace.

I apologize for the terrible photos, I couldn't get great lighting in my garage.

Door pillars before, very oxidized and almost a matte finish after 20 years in the sun, but very hard to see in this photo...
View attachment 2327895

Pillars after treating them (I needed to wipe the excess off, its on there a little thick). I made a red arrow to a spot that I missed so you can see how pale, matte and oxidized they were beforehand.
View attachment 2327877

My windshield cowl with some of this stuff on it to show the difference.
View attachment 2327876

So thank you internet stranger for this very weirdly named product suggestion!

View attachment 2327878
Where did you buy it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom