What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dremel, epoxy, sum how make a bracket
old broken arb light

dynamic diode
will post when im done

20200602_215012.jpg
20200602_214946.jpg
20200602_214923.jpg
20200602_215034.jpg

20200602_231919.jpg

I had to post this because I was very impressed by the results.

Someone posted in this thread earlier, a few pages back, about treating their door seals with some weirdly named stuff called Gummi Pflege Stift and I was intrigued. I have been dealing with some wind noise on my driver's side door seal for a while now and after seeing the price for replacement OE trim seals, I figured I give this a shot first. They seem to seal much better.

I also used it on my door pillars that were very badly oxidized after 20 years in the sun and I am amazed at the results, they look like new! I treated my windshield cowl as well, which was also very badly oxidized and again very expensive to replace.

I apologize for the terrible photos, I couldn't get great lighting in my garage.

Door pillars before, very oxidized and almost a matte finish after 20 years in the sun, but very hard to see in this photo...
View attachment 2327895

Pillars after treating them (I needed to wipe the excess off, its on there a little thick). I made a red arrow to a spot that I missed so you can see how pale, matte and oxidized they were beforehand.
View attachment 2327877

My windshield cowl with some of this stuff on it to show the difference.
View attachment 2327876

So thank you internet stranger for this very weirdly named product suggestion!

View attachment 2327878

Those pillars will polish out and can be coated/waxed like any other sealed surface. The dressing probably won't stick on there very well/long.

ba8d9627-8296-4bd4-9810-e3be9a1acac2.png

Those pillars will polish out and can be coated/waxed like any other sealed surface. The dressing probably won't stick on there very well/long.

View attachment 2328443
Wow that looks great I need to do that to mine! Just a standard compound and polish similar to the paint? Did you lightly sand them beforehand?

@Austin Hot Shoe

Uhhh..... you pulled further back into the garage? Im missing it-

No big deal or anything, but today I completed the last side of my CV axle reboot. :cool:
Second time around took approx. 7 hours 10 minutes. I'm exhausted, time for some Tequilaaaaaa.

1.jpg

Made this microphone adapter in rocker-switch format.

1591287325294.png

[QUOTE = "tbob14, сообщение: 13059687, участник: 168925"]
Я был занятым молодым человеком в последнее время. Я купил этот грузовик 27.04.2020. Неделю назад.

Сняты подножки - Снято дефлектор ветра - Передача жидкости от дилера - Охлаждающая жидкость дилера - Тройники отопителя проверены дилером (все в порядке, но заказал нержавеющую сталь) 3-ий ряд сидений - Пошел 4X4 / Кемпинг / Стрельба - Америка

View attachment 2295319

View attachment 2295322

View attachment 2295327

View attachment 2295331

View attachment 2295332
[/ QUOTE]
Ребята, простите меня что я общаюсь с вами на своем языке. Мне очень нравится ваш форум, я читаю его с удовольствием. Я хотел узнать откуда берутся бронзовые эмблемы? Мне очень хотелось бы иметь такие.

Я был занятым молодым человеком в последнее время. Я купил этот грузовик 27.04.2020. Неделю назад.

Сняты подножки - Снято дефлектор ветра - Передача жидкости от дилера - Охлаждающая жидкость дилера - Тройники отопителя проверены дилером (все в порядке, но заказал нержавеющую сталь) 3-ий ряд сидений - Пошел 4X4 / Кемпинг / Стрельба - Америка

View attachment 2295319

View attachment 2295322

View attachment 2295327

View attachment 2295331

View attachment 2295332

Ребята, простите меня что я общаюсь с вами на своем языке. Мне очень нравится ваш форум, я читаю его с удовольствием. Я хотел узнать откуда берутся бронзовые эмблемы? Мне очень хотелось бы иметь такие.
The steps were removed - The wind deflector was removed - Dealer fluid transfer - Dealer coolant - Heater tees checked by the dealer (everything is ok, but ordered stainless steel) 3rd row of seats - 4X4 went / Camping / Shooting - America

Guys, I'm sorry that I communicate with you in my own language. I really like your forum, I read it with pleasure. I wanted to know where the bronze emblems come from? I would love to have one.

Вы всегда можете попробовать Google Translate для тех из нас, кто не умеет читать по-русски

[QUOTE = "jLB, сообщение: 13129795, участник: 104076»]
Вы всегда можете попробовать Переводчик Google для тех из нас, кто не умеет читать по-русски
[/ QUOTE]
это я и делаю

[QUOTE = "tbob14, сообщение: 13059687, участник: 168925"]

View attachment 2295319

View attachment 2295322

View attachment 2295327

View attachment 2295331

View attachment 2295332
[/ QUOTE]
Guys, I apologize for communicating with you in my native language. I really like your forum, I read it with pleasure. I wanted to know where the bronze emblems come from? I would like to have one.
Вы всегда можете попробовать Google Translate для тех из нас, кто не умеет читать по-русски
Guys, I apologize for communicating with you in my native language. I really like your forum, I read it with pleasure. I wanted to know where the bronze emblems come from? I would like to have one. If so it will...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom