What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (57 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys, I apologize for communicating with you in my native language. I really like your forum, I read it with pleasure. I wanted to know where the bronze emblems come from? I would like to have one.

Guys, I apologize for communicating with you in my native language. I really like your forum, I read it with pleasure. I wanted to know where the bronze emblems come from? I would like to have one. If so it will...

I assume that you are referring to the gold plated emblems and badges. They were a very popular dealer or port installed option, in the US, in the 1990s. I suspect that they could be found at a US dealer, on eBay or on Amazon.

Crummy pics, but threw some new rubber on the truck. 285/75/16, Toyo Open Country AT3's. Had AT2's on my 80 series, I'm excited to see how this new tire performs. From driving a few miles, noise is pretty much non existent.

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

I replaced the original tailgate carpet last year with a line-x covered one from Trekboxx. Liked it much more, but since I use my truck for bird hunting, I found that the line x was too slippery for my dogs to be able to jump on it and not slide out. This is even worse when the dog is wet and it is either raining or snowing. Despite the feedback from trekboxx that SeaDek it too fragile as a cover, I thought I would give it a try to make the tailgate more comfortable for my dogs and my butt while I rest on it. Found a 38” by 18” piece on eBay for $60 (cheaper to buy direct from SeaDek) and cut it to fit. Tried to bevel the back edge so that it slides under the plastic piece that covers the gap when the tailgate is open, but might need to break in. Will report back after it has been subjected to some abuse.

Also had the tires rotated to bring the spare into to the mix to prevent having the spare not wear at the same rate as the others. Since I had messed with the rear AHC sensor to raise it a little in the back to bring the pressure into the correct range after adding King Springs, also had the boys at Big O align them as well. Claimed that there is a sensor that needs to be reset by Toyota? Did not see any idiot lights come on, but will plug in the OBD reader to see if it is throwing any codes.

7FFA56D3-255F-49CE-BB9D-69B175C92D27.jpeg

Last edited:
Just finished up refilling the diff with fluid after replacing my CV axles and also did the spark plugs. Can anyone confirm 14 ft lbs is okay for the plugs?

Installed my new Owl Expedition fire extinguisher mount made by user @Ramathorn15. This thing is perfectly designed. The bolt pattern matched my buckeye fire extinguisher vehicle mount without me having to drill any new holes. The mount moves with the seat and always stays tucked up under your legs without getting in the way. It places the fire extinguisher in a good position horizontally as well, farther to the right, so I can bend my leg comfortably as well. Great product!
The perfect compliment to my halotron fire extinguisher which is safe to use for a vehicle fire without causing more damage to the car than the fire itself like an ABC extinguisher.
20200604_193902-01.jpeg
20200604_193931-01.jpeg
20200604_193908-01.jpeg
20200604_193054-01.jpeg
20200604_194722-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed my new Owl Expedition fire extinguisher mount made by user @Ramathorn15. This thing is perfectly designed. The bolt pattern matched my buckeye fire extinguisher vehicle mount without me having to drill any new holes. The mount moves with the seat and always stays tucked up under your legs without getting in the way. It places the fire extinguisher in a good position horizontally as well, farther to the right, so I can bend my leg comfortably as well. Great product!
The perfect compliment to my halotron fire extinguisher which is safe to use for a vehicle fire without causing more damage to the car than the fire itself like an ABC extinguisher. View attachment 2329948View attachment 2329949View attachment 2329974View attachment 2329958View attachment 2329973
Very nice! Definitely on my to get list!

Picked up some more tubing today, bent it (still a PITA), and welded it onto my bumper. Not sure I like the way it looks yet. I'll give it a couple weeks to grow on me...

View attachment 2330023
Dang that's frickin' killer. Makes me want to trade in my Cruiser for an LX...

Well done.

Those bolts were crazy tight, kept spraying them with PB, whispering “don’t you snap on me fawker”
Had a very similar experience while installing the diff drop a few months ago. But the big ones have a nut on the other side. So if you snap it (I don't know how tho, since they are really railroad sized!) you can just replace them!
Since I have upper body strength of a dainty damsel, I had to lie on my back and use my legs to push it loose!

Had a very similar experience while installing the diff drop a few months ago. But the big ones have a nut on the other side. So if you snap it (I don't know how tho, since they are really railroad sized!) you can just replace them!
Since I have upper body strength of a dainty damsel, I had to lie on my back and use my legs to push it loose!
I had a lead pipe over the breaker bar, using 2 feet to push. :)

I wimped out and had a local shop install the SPC UCAs I've had lying around waiting for me to get to for ages, along with new axles, and new bearings on all four corners. What a difference though.

This weekend are the Slee step sliders. These things were PACKED. Photos don't even begin to capture how cocooned they were with foam and this shredded currugated dunnage stuff. Took quite a while to get them out, but they were definitely safe. Really impressive and appreciated

20200602_155132.jpg
20200602_151352.jpg
20200602_151403.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom