What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (137 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Try this again.

Laid 42 pallets of grass and burned a brush pile. The 80 looked good sitting there so I had to snap a few pics....

image-4288721686.jpg

image-2547378746.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

image-4288721686.jpg

image-2547378746.jpg

must be nice to be able to burn brush or for that matter water grass. We're in what seems like a permanent burn ban and in Stage 4 water restrictions.

Changed my bridgestone dueler revos AT to a set of mud terrains. Nankang Mudstars in 285/75/16. Taiwanese brand and is an exact copy of the buckshot mudders but so far it's not so bad. Regular mudder hum but I'm expecting the hum to get louder as it wears.

A tad undersized too haha.

image-2633112932.jpg

image-3534569448.jpg

image-88799286.jpg

image-4083454230.jpg

image-2633112932.jpg

image-3534569448.jpg

image-88799286.jpg

image-4083454230.jpg

Finished installing new OEM plugs, wires, distributor cap. Broke the air intake while replacing plugs. Bought a new OEM one of that too and got everything installed. Thanks to Beno for the great prices on all OEM parts.

Changed my bridgestone dueler revos AT to a set of mud terrains. Nankang Mudstars in 285/75/16. Taiwanese brand and is an exact copy of the buckshot mudders but so far it's not so bad. Regular mudder hum but I'm expecting the hum to get louder as it wears.

A tad undersized too haha.

Please ship me some of those rear doors!!!!!!

Cleaned my window switches, and installed Akellas extended brake line kit. Now the lines actually have slack, instead of a 88 degree bend immediately after the fitting....:clap:

Now for the strange part...

I started out this morning in my shop finishing up cleaning the rear brakes (discs off). I was in my shop for about an hour. My shop has pretty much no air exchange, except when I open the door to go in or out.

After an hour a friend stopped by to chat. We talked for a few minutes. Right when he left I started to cough. Cough like I swallowed the wrong way. I was coughing every few minutes, then a few times a minute, then enough that it gagged me, and I was almost puking. I am not sick. Before it got any further I lowered the truck on the hoist and got out of the shop. I managed to stop coughing, and I went in the house to clean the window switches. I was in the house for about an hour, ate lunch and went back into the shop. Absolutely no coughing when I was in the house.

I noticed when I went back into the shop that there was a pretty strong smell of the brake cleaner, that I hadn't noticed when I was in the shop. I left the shop door open, turned my two ceiling fans on high and had a fan in the door blowing inside air out (which then also forces outside air in).

I was in the shop changing the brake lines for over 3 hours this afternoon and didn't cough more than twice. I don't feel sick at all. I have never had something like that happen before, and I have used brake cleaner in my shop before, but not this brand.

It would seem obvious, but is it really possible that this was caused by the brake cleaner? Has anyone else had a similar issue? I didn't feel dizzy or anything, just coughing... :confused:

In my quest to utilize every space available I built a prep table with additional storage underneath next to fridge.

I like it. This is the direction, with respect to fridge placement, I've decided to go with my interior build. I love having it near the tailgate, but I just couldn't make it work to take full advantage of the standing room inside.

Fixed, I hope, the rear window trim leaks on both sides.

I bypassed my rear heater.

Routed CB antenna from behind L/R tail light and out to mount, making it a permanent install. (Instead of squeezing the cable through the rear hatch)

Found a soaked towel in the bottom of the R/R corner panel. Looks like the PO's fix for leak repair.:confused: Upon inspection, I found the rear side marker light and body molding clips leaking a lot. RTV'd backside of marker light and around all clips from inside of the body panel.

Started building a bumper this morning, this is as far as I got image.jpg

image.jpg

Here is another, mounted before the bottom plate and upper corner pieces were on and there are only 2 bolts collectively, holding the number on in this pic image.jpg

image.jpg

I did the temp gauge mod, worked great on the test drive. I also replaced the burned out D light, and several burned dash lights; ECT, Hazard, rear defrost etc. Also removed some random electrical wiring and a black box left from someone before me. I found it hiding under the shifter console.

Very interesting watching the tamp gauge after the mod, lots more up-and-down.

Cleaned my window switches, and installed Akellas extended brake line kit. Now the lines actually have slack, instead of a 88 degree bend immediately after the fitting....:clap:

Now for the strange part...

I started out this morning in my shop finishing up cleaning the rear brakes (discs off). I was in my shop for about an hour. My shop has pretty much no air exchange, except when I open the door to go in or out.

After an hour a friend stopped by to chat. We talked for a few minutes. Right when he left I started to cough. Cough like I swallowed the wrong way. I was coughing every few minutes, then a few times a minute, then enough that it gagged me, and I was almost puking. I am not sick. Before it got any further I lowered the truck on the hoist and got out of the shop. I managed to stop coughing, and I went in the house to clean the window switches. I was in the house for about an hour, ate lunch and went back into the shop. Absolutely no coughing when I was in the house.

I noticed when I went back into the shop that there was a pretty strong smell of the brake cleaner, that I hadn't noticed when I was in the shop. I left the shop door open, turned my two ceiling fans on high and had a fan in the door blowing inside air out (which then also forces outside air in).

I was in the shop changing the brake lines for over 3 hours this afternoon and didn't cough more than twice. I don't feel sick at all. I have never had something like that happen before, and I have used brake cleaner in my shop before, but not this brand.

It would seem obvious, but is it really possible that this was caused by the brake cleaner? Has anyone else had a similar issue? I didn't feel dizzy or anything, just coughing... :confused:

I would not be surprised. Its nasty stuff. Ive used it in a semi confined area and made me feel like crap really quick. I dont fool around with that stuff anymore without care.

Changed out the gas struts on the rear hatch - waaaaay better.

Put in a red top - waaaaay better. A little tight getting it in but a squezze here a tuck there, and it's in.

Then I pulled in the garage to use it as a platform to build an overhead rack shelf. When you don't have a tall enough ladder, the 80 comes in handy. Sincce I don't ahve a good roof rack right now, I just put a sheet of plywood on top lol ...

Here is another, mounted before the bottom plate and upper corner pieces were on and there are only 2 bolts collectively, holding the number on in this pic

Did you use a template or just measure it all yourself?

After my water leak last weekend, I took the rear carpet to car wash and washed for 30 minutes. Came out really great. Dried under heat lamps overnight and installed this morning. Put on the trim piece under the rear sliding window, siliconed well so no leaks there in the future.

I did the temp gauge mod, worked great on the test drive. I also replaced the burned out D light, and several burned dash lights; ECT, Hazard, rear defrost etc. Also removed some random electrical wiring and a black box left from someone before me. I found it hiding under the shifter console.

Very interesting watching the tamp gauge after the mod, lots more up-and-down.

How long did all that take you? I'm really thinking of doing the temp gauge mod soon before it heats up in Texas (any day now...) and replacing the d light as PM a it's gotten weaker and weaker...

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom