What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was criticized for torquing mine to 45 LB-FT and using red Loctite.

Then it turns out I was pretty damned close and they added thread locker.

I have not had anything come loose on mine in 130K miles of DD.

Even the lowest grade m12 1.5 can handle 70 ft/lbs

EF0FC63A-232F-45BB-86F2-72CD6FD655D8.jpeg

Used it to pull sprinkler pipe under my driveway

20220715_183242.jpg

20220715_183246.jpg

Got my engine rebuild kit what are the flat larger washer for there is six? Spark plug tube seals?

A0948D0E-7988-4265-A10B-BEBD12E777B3.jpeg

Cleaning the block and noticed some very minor pitting around cylinders is this a issue that needs to be decked or will the gasket matt the services together and still make a good seal?

B4E9BD46-1E9A-4176-B741-5FC84E89BC75.jpeg

CF67CEFB-3CD9-4A91-A0BE-0F062D59BE6B.jpeg

Got some great news.
The bumper is a week late coming back from powder coat but @Delta VS finally has a complete product and is crating it up with my winch and other bits i ordered.
Should have a shipping quote Monday. I'd expect to see the bumper the following week.
I have front and rear delta bumpers absolutely love them

I hope to love my front. I won't order a rear. Dave's s***ty comms and totally f***ing bald face lying ruined the process of buying.

Your the first person I have heard of that has anything bad to say about delta VS.

Your a brave man. I wouldn't post anything like that about a vendor that still hadn't shipped my $1,000.00 + order lol.

Your the first person I have heard of that has anything bad to say about delta VS.

Your a brave man. I wouldn't post anything like that about a vendor that still hadn't shipped my $1,000.00 + order lol.

What's he gonna do refund me?
I haven't seen many poster, but via pm in have had discussions.
And it's $4000+

I've posted about it plenty in my build thread. I'm not rehashing it here.

When a vendor tells you weekly you're on schedule and then the moment it goes past schedule he stops talking, that's an issue. Especially when the schedule was 12 weeks and it'll be 22 when the product arrives.

s*** gets delayed. I understand. But never once was a delay expressed.

Last edited:
Spent a nice weekend camping in the mountains with friends then got an awful knocking noise on the way back to town. It took a while to notice it because my camp stove rattles in the truck and I was listening to the stereo. By the time I really noticed the noise was not just my gear rattling around, turned off the stereo, determined it was coming from the truck and found a safe place to stop it was knocking and rattling like the dickens. Lost maybe 40% power by the very end and temp crept up to 207 (would normally be around 187 under these conditions). It did not lose oil pressure according to the gauge, did not lose oil. Fan and belts all tight and normal, no leaks other than the same old ones. Engine died as I rolled to a stop in D (did not turn off ignition). I was able to fire it up again, but the noise was terrible, so I just shut it back down right away.

I'm pretty sure the engine is toast, but I haven't had time to fully look into it. 340k miles, so I'm not too sore about it, but it was running like a top with no symptoms just the day before.

Any theories as to anything other than internal engine failure that might cause a clattering, knocking noise like a motor in it's death throes? Definitely not coming from the PS pump, but I could not pinpoint where the noise originates other than "from the engine." Timing chain? Water pump? Kind of afraid to start it up.

View attachment 3056194

And kudos to the tow truck guy for helping me get it into the garage without starting it up.

View attachment 3056195

Yup, confirmed dead. Glitter in the oil. Time of death: 337,681

pour-drink.gif

Fixed this post, mirror garnish.

By far this is one of the better epoxy’s I’ve used, WEST Epoxy.

Post/mount was broke in 3 places. The tip ball was broke off also. I drilled it with a .037” bit and used a piece of .032 ss lock wire as a post between the 2

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom