What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (60 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got a few things from Dobinsons and @LandCruiserPhil the other day. Sever duty rear sway bar links and adjustable rear upper control arms.

20210825_195523.jpg

Does anyone have pictures of the long range tank that replaces the existing tank and sits where it sits vs. the long range tank that sits where the spare tire sat? Also, what is the capacity of each of them? I'd prefer the one that sits where the spare tire sits as I don't want anything extending lower than the frame. Thanks!
I have one, you can see in the rear view it actually does not hang down low. Haven't smashed it in yet... LINK BELOW

I removed all this old wiring for lights I think? I’m removing 27 years of oil and grease it seems using the Chris Fix method (no direct water spray on the top of the motor.) Still, Elsy was having some idle issues before and actually stalled tonight coming home. So tomorrow I will look for hose leaks around the injection system as advised here on many forums. I don’t know all the nomenclature but it’s like being in the army again and being the FNG. Makes me feel young.
B47E097F-4ACA-4CCC-95B3-0192A1C8C44B.jpeg

Off to a good start. After several instances of blood letting from jagged plastic and an exposed steel edge, the belt molding got replaced. Simple job but should have ordered the mirror triangle because it snapped during removal as I thought it might. I should do the other 3 too, but I don’t sit in those seats. 😈
AE6B261C-F1F2-4421-8C0C-64FEF84A4450.jpeg

F0F67E2D-3F6D-4F52-8CD8-ED2459AED7C1.jpeg

DD34FE04-2437-4D70-863A-4A182E865A26.jpeg

Off to a good start. After several instances of blood letting from jagged plastic and an exposed steel edge, the belt molding got replaced. Simple job but should have ordered the mirror triangle because it snapped during removal as I thought it might. I should do the other 3 too, but I don’t sit in those seats. 😈
View attachment 2770852
View attachment 2770853
View attachment 2770854
Just ordered those myself!
View attachment 2770852
View attachment 2770853
View attachment 2770854
Just ordered myself some! Can't wait to see her with the new moulding

Went up to Imogene, had an incredible view, enjoyed every minute.
MAX_0027.JPG

What is the best "standard looking" non bull bar bumper (no hoops) for an 80 series? Done a lot of searching, I didn't see much in terms of options. Looking at the OEM option, looks like it would be close to $1K, so considering aftermarket.

Took me nearly 10 years to get around to it, but I finally took off the wood dash trim. Why didn’t I do this sooner?! View attachment 2385326

Brodie, I imagine a heat gun might damage the surrounding bits. Did You disassemble the dash to remove the wood trim? I need to do this.

What is the best "standard looking" non bull bar bumper (no hoops) for an 80 series? Done a lot of searching, I didn't see much in terms of options. Looking at the OEM option, looks like it would be close to $1K, so considering aftermarket.
I thought all bumpers for an 80 were aftermarket except for the one that came on it. Also they are all going to be close to $1k unless you get a simple one that you’re welding together yourself.

I thought all bumpers for an 80 were aftermarket except for the one that came on it. Also they are all going to be close to $1k unless you get a simple one that you’re welding together yourself.
Tracking they would all be close to $1K, that's why I am looking for options.

It’s really not all that big IMO and like I said in another post I could have prob snugged the tank up a little higher. It also sits between the frame rails. I don’t know if a shower solution is “coming out” per se. I honestly made this up as I went along with a couple of ideas in my head and hoped it would work out. It mostly has and I already have ideas for version 2.0. That hot water heater and many nearly identical ones have been around for a while. I just came up with an idea for the tank and where to hide the pump. I also ordered these and passed the hoses through the body.

MGI SpeedWare Strain Relief NPT... Amazon product ASIN B08MYPBJ93
View attachment 2769343View attachment 2769344View attachment 2769345

I then used these as a quick connect in the bumper.
CPC (Colder) HFCD16812 Valved... Amazon product ASIN B003LY7GWC
CPC (Colder) HFC22812 CPC... CPC (Colder) HFC22812 CPC (Colder) HFC22812 Quick-Disconnect Fittings, Straight-Through Hose barbs Inserts, PP, 1/2": Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KVCZUA?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

View attachment 2769346
It will be relocated at some point.
This^^^ is great thanks for the notes and pics

Mine has cost me $600 so far, not including lights or winch, assuming my time and effort is counted as free. The bull bar is obviously easy to omit when you make exactly what you want.

* Insert shameless pic re-whoring here *
full

I removed all this old wiring for lights I think? I’m removing 27 years of oil and grease it seems using the Chris Fix method (no direct water spray on the top of the motor.) Still, Elsy was having some idle issues before and actually stalled tonight coming home. So tomorrow I will look for hose leaks around the injection system as advised here on many forums. I don’t know all the nomenclature but it’s like being in the army again and being the FNG. Makes me feel young.View attachment 2770834
Looks like PIAA fog light wiring

Very cool. Got a thread or write up on it. Would love to blatantly copy you😁
Sorry I don’t. I may still at some point. It didn’t take a ton of pics as I was somewhat pressed for time.

Clear hoses are not recommended for drinking water.
The exposure to the sun encourages the formation of algae and greenery in the pipe.
Is that why they plumb Campers with it. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom