What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (98 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you mount feet first? Mine went right in.
I got the Delta control mount bracket so the controller is attached to the motor, sent in the controller first. It's super tight with it attached and not sure any other way. I was trying to hurry since my helper was leaving for the day and failed to see the clutch was rotated forward and hitting the bumper when I went to mount the front feet lol. Not sure if I got a recent updated 12.5 but it looks a little different.
All good already have it off and will take my time. May cut some of the lugs off and shorten the wires even.

Edit* I went back and looked at yours closer and I went feet down, sorry. As mentioned with the controller attached direct my electrical studs are forward and it wouldn’t mount controller flush this way. Didn’t want to try to clock that side instead, if you even can. It,s tight but nothing pinched and the controller is inside the bumper.

Last edited:
Since I'm strapped for cash I did some painting with stuff I already had in the garage. Wife's going to do the lettering in white tomorrow so it stands out. Im not good at the details lol.

20210612_090057.jpg

20210612_122813.jpg

20210612_123646.jpg

20210612_140359.jpg

20210612_162842.jpg

Has that been repainted? Or is that orig paint? Love the brown.
I had it repainted close to the factory Medium Red Pearl. It is slightly more brown/purple?? Also more brown with it all dirty haha

Reactions: RFB
Put in my dobinson stock height rear springs and shocks with airlift 1000 airbags.

My 80s been getting love like never before. 2 weeks ago I installed sound deadener, a new carpet kit and dfg rear drawers..

Tomorrow it gets a new oem tank and all the fixins. Hopefully monday I can do my front suspension before it gets to hot.

I got all new oem bushings, nuts, bolts and washers going in last. I have no press and will gladly drop it off and pay someone else to do the 20 something bushings.

Sadly I can't post pics 🍻🤙

Cleaned up the front end a little and dumped the roof rack

0D8E2ABA-10D4-43DD-A25C-F9FCAA58D097.jpeg

63A46E75-F95B-4FC9-8596-4306FB225540.jpeg

2DCFB11B-3382-4E29-8EC1-A0270DEFBC00.jpeg

Monday on the way to work, I stopped at a light and got a rough idle. In park/neutral seem fine (but I can feel it a little), but drive and reverse are really bad idle. On the way home it threw P0306/0305 (cylinder misfire). I though spark plugs, wires, and or injectors. I had @landtank upscale MAF kit and @NLXTACY boosted tune-up on the shelf so it was the perfect opportunity to get it done. Have to give myself a pat on the back for doing it without supervision. . . its was a PITA.

Not a spark plug guru, but these look ok.
View attachment 2701308

This was bore and looked like someone glued it on.
View attachment 2701309

View attachment 2701310
View attachment 2701311

Took about two day (and one of the days was my daughter's birthday.

New spark plugs, wires, vacuum hoses, injector wire connectors, spare upper plenum cleaned and painted, and everything that comes with the up up-scaled MAF.

Fired up strong, but didn't solve my problem. Throwing misfires P0306/305/303. Also I think I hear "ticking" when accelerating. With a quick look, the wiring harness doesn't appear to be damaged from the EGR, but if I get time tomorrow, ill cut into the loom for a better look. Still about to purchase a new wiring harness.

If you have suggestion, please PM me. I dont want to takeover this thread with trouble shooting. Thank you in advance.
That engine bay makes mine look like shiite!! well done man

That engine bay makes mine look like shiite!! well done man
Lol. . thank you. You do a lot more traveling and off the beaten path than I do. This is my DD, but I only get out on the trail for a few days every few months.

Lol. . thank you. You do a lot more traveling and off the beaten path than I do. This is my DD, but I only get out on the trail for a few days every few months.
What did you use on SC, and Im guesin it was OUT of truck when you applied the coating. or did you get it powdercoated. Looks SICK

Where did you get those bolts for the roof rack delete?
Joey has been back ordered so I did some research on bolt size and went with this from Master-Carr. Sorry for the sideways pic

6EB3B9D7-0976-415F-8C54-A8A9DF670323.jpeg

What did you use on SC, and Im guesin it was OUT of truck when you applied the coating. or did you get it powdercoated. Looks SICK
Yes, everything painted was out of the truck. I did a base coat of the wrinkle black, then a little dusting of gunmetal. All rattle can.

Monday on the way to work, I stopped at a light and got a rough idle. In park/neutral seem fine (but I can feel it a little), but drive and reverse are really bad idle. On the way home it threw P0306/0305 (cylinder misfire). I though spark plugs, wires, and or injectors. I had @landtank upscale MAF kit and @NLXTACY boosted tune-up on the shelf so it was the perfect opportunity to get it done. Have to give myself a pat on the back for doing it without supervision. . . its was a PITA.

Not a spark plug guru, but these look ok.
View attachment 2701308

This was bore and looked like someone glued it on.
View attachment 2701309

View attachment 2701310
View attachment 2701311

Took about two day (and one of the days was my daughter's birthday.

New spark plugs, wires, vacuum hoses, injector wire connectors, spare upper plenum cleaned and painted, and everything that comes with the up up-scaled MAF.

Fired up strong, but didn't solve my problem. Throwing misfires P0306/305/303. Also I think I hear "ticking" when accelerating. With a quick look, the wiring harness doesn't appear to be damaged from the EGR, but if I get time tomorrow, ill cut into the loom for a better look. Still about to purchase a new wiring harness.

If you have suggestion, please PM me. I dont want to takeover this thread with trouble shooting. Thank you in advance.
The ticking during acceleration could be predetonation from the misfires. The supercharger will increase the severity of any predetonation and can cause a great deal further damage. May want to stop driving it until it's figured out.

The ticking during acceleration could be predetonation from the misfires. The supercharger will increase the severity of any predetonation and can cause a great deal further damage. May want to stop driving it until it's figured out.
@White Stripe thanks. I haven't been driving. Only took it to a buddy's house for a quick look over for something I might of overlooked. It's been sitting in the driveway while I scratch my head looking at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom