What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (86 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Used it to store some snow this morning
1254A883-40F5-4461-949D-B19429AD423C.jpeg

Keeping myself busy and starting projects I've been thinking about doing while I have the time. Today I set out to venture out where very few in the 80 SERIES Landcruiser world have gone before. Ended up getting one side, the easy side cut out today. Tomorrow onto the drivers side and dealing with the fuel filler neck. Making room for some bigger tires in the future and getting some upward travel back.

20210225_155548.jpg

20210225_155558.jpg

20210225_160011.jpg

20210225_160409.jpg

Keeping myself busy and starting projects I've been thinking about doing while I have the time. Today I set out to venture out where very few in the 80 SERIES Landcruiser world have gone before. Ended up getting one side, the easy side cut out today. Tomorrow onto the drivers side and dealing with the fuel filler neck. Making room for some bigger tires in the future and getting some upward travel back.

View attachment 2596564

View attachment 2596565

View attachment 2596566

View attachment 2596567
I think this is coming for many of us. I am going to chop up my truck very soon....

That’s pretty cool looking. What material is it? I have a somewhat newly acquired industrial sewing machine and may make one of those for my rig.
Milspec 1000D cordura

Did some LC camping in Nevada outside of Ely in a BLM area on my way from CO to CA. Saw @interactivebagel at a gas station in CO then saw him again about an hour later at a Cabela's in Grand Junction. lol. Nice meeting you!

Awesome spot, found a dead cow in the morning. :p

63573487158__AD8D2DF3-DE6B-4755-BE87-A4141E6A4655.JPG

IMG_9113.JPG

This is my spare tire which is usually in the cabin, had to remove to sleep back there. :p
IMG_9115.JPG

IMG_9118.JPG

IMG_9120.JPG

Looks beautiful. Where were y’all?
We were Just below Yosemite In the Sierra foothills. It is truly a beautiful area. It had snowed a few inches the nite before leaving fresh clean snow everywhere :)

20210225_215147.jpg

Continuing my from scratch front bumper, added the "wings" last night. Will start gussets and wrapping around the sides tonight then add shackle mounts, maybe some tube work. I'm pleased with how it's coming along. I literally picked up welding 5 days ago and having alot of fun with this build so far.

The center portion is .25" the outer wings are .180"

Heads up Mudders.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, please let know if there's another section.

Heading up to *Pismo Beach Dunes* this weekend, will be in the dunes all day Saturday and some are staying to have day (2) on Sunday.

If you want to come all are welcome, meeting at the entrance lot Saturday morning 8am.

Message me if you'd like my contact info to connect upon arrival.

Heads up Mudders.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, please let know if there's another section.

Heading up to *Pismo Beach Dunes* this weekend, will be in the dunes all day Saturday and some are staying to have day (2) on Sunday.

If you want to come all are welcome, meeting at the entrance lot Saturday morning 8am.

Message me if you'd like my contact info to connect upon arrival.
You could post this up in the trails - events - expeditions forum...... but than you might have some 200 series folks show up and crash the party. Haha JK

Went out for an afternoon run on west rim at Sand Hollow with the American Adventure Labs crew yesterday. It was an awesome trip.
20210225_173341.jpg
20210225_173338.jpg
20210225_182158.jpg

I know what I will be doing on my 80 this weekend....

20210225_175811.jpg

20210225_182956.jpg

You could post this up in the trails - events - expeditions forum...... but than you might have some 200 series folks show up and crash the party. Haha JK
Thanks for the tip! I posted it there just in case any 200's wanna know what it feels like to get yanked out by an 80... 😂 But really though, maybe a 200 will bring a nice charcuterie board for lunch!

With shipping comes to $4.44 for the cheapest shipping option and a month and a half wait. $1.55 more to have it to me in two days from Amazon, I'm good with that. Still, nice to know there's multiple options. You never know when one of those options will become unavailable and you'll need to fall back on another. Thanks for sharing.
I'm in Israel, so the total from amazon will be around 20$....

Let’s see the video link to that hill climb!
Ain't nobody got time to take videos lol. I just happened to have a buddy snap a few pic's on that obstacle. I actually did some harder climbs but didn't get pictures.

This one was fun, only the JL's and cruisers made it up, the cherokees and other jeeps just didn't have the wheel base to get it.

20210225_165456.jpg

Actually there were a few drones and cameras going so I might be able to get my hands on some footage later down the road. I will make sure to post it up if I do.

Removed some trash at a local wheeling spot called Big Fork. This is a tiny amount of trash compared to all that's out there but the one area we worked on looks a lot better at least. May need to get an offroad trailer for the 80 if the efforts get serious :)

View attachment 2592745
Thanks for doing this!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom