What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took Sassy the rock crawling cattle dog ( Puppy ) for her first trail ride.
1606054962645.png
1606055012828.png

The spot is called top of the world, it's just a few miles from my house.
1606055094590.png

Last edited:
This weekend I started building some step sliders. I started this morning thinking I would have made a lot more progress today. NOPE. I’m the slowest.

View attachment 2412806
I’m still the slowest. Three months have passed since I started these and I made a few changes and little progress. Drivers side is almost done. Passenger side is still under construction.

F483D627-94AA-46A8-96FF-DC651BC5D09D.jpeg

I crunched my rear tail light and quarter panel at GSMTR a few weeks ago so I did a little kicking and banging on sheet metal to get the replacement to fit. Also fixed my trailer lights controller thingy while I was in there
received_1161948330873796.jpeg
20201122_140800.jpg

I'm not trying to clutter the thread, so anyone with input feel free to pm me. To those that have done a lot of brake work recently, what do you watch/feel/listen for in the first few miles? My drive back to my buddy's house after new rotors, pads, calipers and soft lines was only 3 miles but there was a pretty evil smell wafting up from the wheels. I've never done my own brake work before, so aside from something super obvious, I don't know what to keep my eye on.

So it was the master cylinder upgrade that really made the difference? Got a link for that? I need all the braking help I can get. ;)
2nd this... couldn't find it on cruiser outfitters website. Thanks in advance!

So here is the link fellas but I actually called and spoke to Kurt and ordered w/him. After talking to him for a few, it was discussed that my MC had prob had a leaky internal seal not allowing pressure to build and is why my brake pedal would sink after trying to stop. As stated after driving all day today, city driving, the brakes are awesome. Now I can take my kids on a ride.

We've had the 80 for about 14 years and have kept it stock except for swapping out the OEM saggy springs for OME stock height springs. I also added a 30 mm spacer. Over the years the rear developed a slight sag when loaded plus one side had a list. Grabbed a set of rear Iron Man springs this summer and finally installed them. Gave it a little test drive on the farm this morning and noticed the rear is noticeably more firm and level side to side. Also picked up some extra lift. When I installed the greenies I also remounted the spacer. I think if I had left out the spacer the Cruiser would be sitting more level front to rear. I'll run it as it is for a while before deciding if the spacer needs to be removed (i.e. I need to forget how much trouble this was before I'll dive in again :lol:).

IMG_5509.jpg
IMG_5510.jpg

We've had the 80 for about 14 years and have kept it stock except for swapping out the OEM saggy springs for OME stock height springs. I also added a 30 mm spacer. Over the years the rear developed a slight sag when loaded plus one side had a list. Grabbed a set of rear Iron Man springs this summer and finally installed them. Gave it a little test drive on the farm this morning and noticed the rear is noticeably more firm and level side to side. Also picked up some extra lift. When I installed the greenies I also remounted the spacer. I think if I had left out the spacer the Cruiser would be sitting more level front to rear. I'll run it as it is for a while before deciding if the spacer needs to be removed (i.e. I need to forget how much trouble this was before I'll dive in again :lol:).

View attachment 2504265View attachment 2504266
I had no idea the “stock height” OMEs were progressive rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom