What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My Toyota parts guy maintains a locker for me because I order so often. Status!

Is it just me or do Jeeps and Raptors typically have an obnoxious array of lights? Got tired of being “under-lighted” so I added two more PIAAs.

Finally washed of the dried mud.

Cleaned the enjoined bay a little and replaced those Fugly red silicon vacuum hoses with genuine Toyota ones.

Does anyone know the part number for the larger vacuum hoses? I have one left to change (top of the throttle body). It’s bugging the cr@p out of me View attachment 2198802
720C46FC-C86E-41D7-8EC4-20BA7B581357.jpeg
028ED10A-D04A-4718-9BE0-FA7A8A3B8048.jpeg

Adjusting stuff for my new tires. Had to add 1.5" to the legs of my tire holder/ camping gear rack
1580608095842.png

Was easier to just cut the old ones off and make new longer ones
1580608218160.png

Cut off the ends of my rear bumper for more clearance at the tire and welded in some bling rounded tubing end caps, then did a repaint.
1580608454593.png
1580608639798.png

I saw those but the gates at both ends are open. I feel like they put those up because it's not being maintained as a "road" any longer.

I saw those but the gates at both ends are open. I feel like they put those up because it's not being maintained as a "road" any longer.
Pretty specific language on the signs. Not going into it here. Write your govt employees though if we ever want to see them come down. Gates are next.

Slapped in a shelf to keep things in the trunk better organized.

After taking some measurements, I went to a kitchen supply store and picked up a pair of 36"x24" shelves and a 36" set of 4 legs. I eyeballed where to cut the legs, which was easily done with a hacksaw. The bracket is a bit of scrap metal bent and drilled to fit. It's not pretty but it supports my body weight and keeps the shelf in place.

20200201_141520.jpg

20200201_140139.jpg

Finally finished rebuilding the steering gearbox. It turned into a right PITA.

I bought a used box from a mud member, and reworked it on a bench. I ended up having to replace the needle bearings for the sector shaft. Without the SST it was almost a disaster.

Finally got there in the end though.

20200201_160534.jpg

Last edited:
I actually had a productive weekend for once. Its cold here at the moment so perfect for wrenching.
IMG-20200201-WA0004.jpeg

Started with the front and rear control arms. 3 corners are so simple it takes less than 30 mins per corner....then you hit the front passenger. Almost every bolt is fouled by something. That one took a little over 2 hours.
Deleted the LSPV (had previously just ripped the guts out of the valve). Now it's gone along with return line.
Greased the Birfs and gave her a wash.. soon be ready for the first road trip of 2020 which is planned for later this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom