What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (84 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe it looks worse in person? But that doesn't look too bad.

Pulled the itres off to install wheel spacers again ( she rubs bad) only to find my bulletproof nitto's had an issue, It looks like I chucked up my rear drivers tire in a lathe and machined it, Must have spun it up whilst logged against a rock Im guessing. But it was time to actually use the 3 yr old spare. First issue Ive ever had with my last 2 sets of mud grapplers. Glad I caught it before it fialed. The UP side of this Is I had a chance to Fill a 37in tire from dead flat to 35PSI with the extreme aire amgnum I got from @LandCruiserPhil So that video will be up on JailBreak Overlander on Youtube for those that have never seen an extreme aire do its thang. View attachment 2117775View attachment 2117775View attachment 2117776

It was pouring rain all day Friday and Saturday. So we decided the best way to cure the rainy day blues was to get milkshakes. (Ice cream and a trip in the LC makes everything better) We got photo bombed by a Lamborghini. My sidekick thought it was hilarious when I told him to show me his mean face.

D4122F03-051A-4CBF-A13A-75A5F394FE63.jpeg

6ABBFD4C-2622-463A-80C6-C903983A4B0A.jpeg

070749BA-D9C8-491D-B348-FA68E9F66762.jpeg

5466C8C6-3E73-4E03-BC88-0D2AF6C0EE34.jpeg

It was pouring rain all day Friday and Saturday. So we decided the best way to cure the rainy day blues was to get milkshakes. (Ice cream and a trip in the LC makes everything better) We got photo bombed by a Lamborghini. My sidekick thought it was hilarious when I told him to show me his mean face.

View attachment 2117791

View attachment 2117792I’d take the lambo only to sell it and build a Joe Rogan topper. Your cruiser looks better!!

View attachment 2117793

View attachment 2117794

Thank you.

The rear windows are factory tinted with another layer of tint film on top.

What percentage did you go with all the way around? I really want to tint the windows in my LC to help combat some of the heat/sun here in AZ.

Maybe it looks worse in person? But that doesn't look too bad.
Its cracked all the way around rim, where there was a rdige is now gone. swapped it out anyway.

What percentage did you go with all the way around? I really want to tint the windows in my LC to help combat some of the heat/sun here in AZ.

The fronts are 20%. The rears I purchased as is. For you, have the fronts tinted, then have them match the rears to the front. You will end up using lighter film on the rear to have a matching effect. If that is what you are after.

It will not be a perfect match because of the factory bronze though... But, pretty damn close.

Replaced 75% of my shocks. Keeping it stock with OEM. I’ve given up on the left front. I’ll have my local Land Cruiser shop take care of that one.

7FAC76F3-8082-4700-80B5-1FF5C496C9ED.jpeg

I took advantage of the Cowboys being on bye and got a couple of things done on this beautiful Sunday in northeast Texas.

The first was battery cable upgrades. I bought the kit from Hudd Expo as well as the military-style terminals. Got rid of this....

D0B448E4-41BE-4A3E-9B99-92AF8D45A2F8.jpeg

I also moved my ScanGuage from the steering column to the Wits End mirror mount. I took the back cover off of the ScanGauge and drilled a 1/4” hole to accept a 1/4-20 button head cap screw that went into a RAM ball (HD only had 3/4” long screws, so I stacked some washers for the time being). I then used a short RAM arm to another RAM ball coming off the mirror arm. There’s a lot going on around the mirror, but at least it’s all in one spot now. It does make the driver side visor unusable for the time being. I’m going to modify it. Also is not all wired up yet as I need to get an ethernet coupler and make a jumper cable to make it up to the mirror from the driver’s footwell.

86E2634F-7319-44E6-9551-4664C9590FC5.jpeg

F6902B28-2EDD-4B55-B4A5-D44981AB7648.jpeg

4F954939-2D5F-4A3F-BF58-A9414C531F4B.jpeg

76354AF8-0530-47E2-A5EB-3286C32AE132.jpeg

Last edited:
Why, we can help...

What is the issue?
I have tried my impact gun, strap wrench, channel lock pliers, Dremel cutting wheel, a nut splitter, etc but still can’t get the nut off the top of the shock. I’ve chewed the nut up far worse than what is in this photo. This was after some early attempts.

6F7A1FAE-4C6C-4E9F-A5AA-CD9D7B5DF691.jpeg

I have tried my impact gun, strap wrench, channel lock pliers, Dremel cutting wheel, a nut splitter, etc but still can’t get the nut off the top of the shock. I’ve chewed the nut up far worse than what is in this photo. This was after some early attempts.

View attachment 2118364
Knipex cobra in large will remove it. Basically a baller pair of channel locks. I suggest a set of 3 sizes. Worth their weight in gold. Just dont get the aligators, ONLY cobra.

View attachment 2118364
Use a sawsall or cut off disk on a grinder to cut the chrome shank of the shock underneath the shock mount above the tire where you have more room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom