What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went to WallyWorld to get some oil in preparation for tomorrow's oil change and was suprised to see the 90915-YZZD1 and D3's sitting on the shelf. Bought the oil, but was also happy I didn't have to contemplate buying Toyota parts from Walmart. Something just seems wrong with that.

IMG_4737.jpeg

The price is bumped up as well.

Went to WallyWorld to get some oil in preparation for tomorrow's oil change and was suprised to see the 90915-YZZD1 and D3's sitting on the shelf. Bought the oil, but was also happy I didn't have to contemplate buying Toyota parts from Walmart. Something just seems wrong with that.

I noticed that last time I was there . They just had the newer "skins" though

Weird, I never would have thought Walmart would carry OE stuff (I haven't been in a walmart in years). That's still about $2.50 more than I pay for them though.

View attachment 2015268
what oil you using? I use the walmart sythetic brand..it's great!

New battery and ground cables. Also new fusible links and junction block.

It was time. The old ones were haggard.

Some would think it's weird but I bet it gave you a good feeling replacing all that old stuff with fresh new parts. Think I will do the same. Where did you source the parts..specifically the battery cables?

Some would think it's weird but I bet it gave you a good feeling replacing all that old stuff with fresh new parts. Think I will do the same. Where did you source the parts..specifically the battery cables?

I bought the cables from a member on here.

He sells a good product.

The fusible link and junction block I ordered from

who is also a Mud member.

New u-joints, got the set from cruiseroutfitters. I was feeling lazy and went over shops to get the loose u-joints installed thinking it shouldn't cost much to press out the old ones and put the new ones back in (i had loose driveshafts and the u-joint parts!!!). One shop quoted me $300 but can't do to it till next week. Same with other shops, and with upcoming july 4th trip i couldn't risk it.

Needless to say, i just went ahead and did it myself. I figured i got a big enough hammer to take care of this. Rented a u-joint press, meh, useless.. Table vise worked better, and the hammer. Also cleaned and re-lubed the slip joint with moly grease. I have a clunk/thud that gets is bad enough it gets transmitted thru the steering wheel. A quick test drive suggests the clunk/thud is gone. Either from the new grease on slip-joint or the new joints (rear had binding on it). No vibes so i probably lucked out in lining things up as it were.

Looks like a typical SF street scene-will probably have occupants tonight. Mission Bay ?dog patch ?
Hunter’s Point. The dismantler had it gone from the front of my shop by lunchtime.

Not trying to be rude but why don't you pm him and ask instead of posting it in a thread that has zero relevance to your question?
Ha. This thread has zero relevance to anything. It doesn’t even belong in the tech forum if you want to get down to it.

Getting ready for my kids visiting and getting the new to me 80 as set as possible. Oil change, 2x trans drain and fill, burped the cooling system, new stereo, starter, and fan clutch ordered. Worth all the time spent. Love this ride!

Edit: **** the starter. Can't get the bottom bolt broken loose from any angle and none of my tools can reach the top bolt. The are either too small and short or the head of my large ratchet wont fit because of the metal plate sticking out of the motor with the engine model and info on it. May try again with flexible socket extension or give up and take it to the mech. Jesus it's tight to work inside this thing. Still love it though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom