What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found a lil bit of SoCal snow

AD5AB847-893E-4A57-98FC-D66C71163F5A.jpeg
108EB2AB-59EF-4137-B487-72D922EB8980.jpeg
04A15A62-68CB-4ED4-8858-48C51D0BCB41.jpeg

320 studs per tire. But I have put another 40 for each tire.

Tube drill bit for studs 2,5mm diameter.
View attachment 1874306

Great video.

Interesting using a piece of tube, I used a drill bit with a collar on it to set depth, I think your method does a better job, but I could drill faster as I went around the tire.

I put studs in mine with a similar pneumatic stud gun, but I had the tires aired up, it's a bit easier if you can have your body weight over the tires (above) and press down into them as you roll. It's been a while since I did them, but I remember my shoulders being sore at the end of 1000 studs (minus what I dropped and couldn't find)

I did the tires on my fat bike (4.0 x 26") this year as well, but with just a simple tool like a screwdriver to insert them.

@LandCruiserPhil Whats the story with that belly skid plate? Aluminum? Future LCP product?

Future new product
Yes
Yes

The final production model has more CNC bends and less welding but the same shape and thickness. The bottom of the plate is flush with the drain plug given you more clearance than the factory pie tin.

Last edited:
What will be the going rate for those belly skids?

Not sure right now its a German produced product. The numbers need to be run taking in account shipping and the Euro/Dll value verse manufacturing here in the USA. For now I will just be bringing over a few and determine interest based on cost.

The new product will addresses my problems with my current full belly skid. My current skid see most of its contact on the sides where nothing is there to protect. I really liked the way it wraps around the tcase and does not block the transmission drain plug.

Not sure right now its a German produced product. The numbers need to be run taking in account shipping and the Euro/Dll value verse manufacturing here in the USA. For now I will just be bringing over a few and determine interest based on cost.

The new product will addresses my problems with my current full belly skid. My current skid see most of its contact on the sides where nothing is there to protect. I really liked the way it wraps around the tcase and does not block the transmission drain plug.

Well either way I am interested. Put me down for one.

Since am working on the 80s cooling system after it's maiden trip 2 weeks ago, I took the 100 to death valley to hang out with these cool 80's. #GoodTimeOnly with @perrobravo (HDJ 81) and @Dan2722 (96 TYT)

To panamint springs..

upload_2019-1-9_18-34-35.png

Leaving Jail Canyon...

upload_2019-1-9_18-34-42.png

At the racetrack..

upload_2019-1-9_18-34-49.png

I pulled stumps out with the 80 while planting 55 damn citrus trees on our new landView attachment 1875141 View attachment 1875141 View attachment 1875143 View attachment 1875141 View attachment 1875143 View attachment 1875145 View attachment 1875146 ..... with a bit of help from the dogs... we delayed our Big Bend trip to catch the nice weather to get this done... hoping to get later this month.

View attachment 1875147
I'm sorry for your loss......good luck with the front axle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom