What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend?

RS6tofj80

GOLD Star
Looks like a Milwaukee cordless saw.

@RS6tofj80 I am curious how you like it? I have a Sthil as well but am going back and forth between the Dewalt or the Milwaukee cordless chainsaws.

View attachment 1875472
I am really impressed with the Milwaukee - it's spendy but the battery life is really good, to the point that unless I'm using it on larger than 8" stuff I almost never run out ..... be sure to get the larger battery - I have most of their other cordless stuff but find the smaller batteries will last less than a third of the big one and seem to provide less initial power as well.

E

RS6tofj80

GOLD Star
sadly had to use the 80 to winch the Merc onto a flatbed ....... had to tow her over to Austin to get the intake gasket replaced. Hoping to pick her up this weekend..... upside is that their going to re-tune her on the dyno and finally install the lightweight driveshaft and a 15lb Braille to replace the 54lb anchor Merc Battery

IMG_1594.JPG
IMG_1596.JPG
IMG_1597.JPG
IMG_1599.JPG

Great video.

Interesting using a piece of tube, I used a drill bit with a collar on it to set depth, I think your method does a better job, but I could drill faster as I went around the tire.

I put studs in mine with a similar pneumatic stud gun, but I had the tires aired up, it's a bit easier if you can have your body weight over the tires (above) and press down into them as you roll. It's been a while since I did them, but I remember my shoulders being sore at the end of 1000 studs (minus what I dropped and couldn't find)

I did the tires on my fat bike (4.0 x 26") this year as well, but with just a simple tool like a screwdriver to insert them.
It’s a special drill bit, but not for drill.

Tires not aired because tpms gauges not delivered yet. If it be aired it’s been more easy

Box Rocket

SILVER Star

What exactly is not ideal? DDing an 80 is not idea IMO...
Hmm. Daily Driving an 80 on 35's for the past (almost) two decades has been wonderful as long as you ignore fuel economy. Want to talk about what's not ideal? Try daily driving a 2F powered FJ40 on 37's sixty + miles a day for 8 years. :) Loved every minute of it!
poser1-1 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Bludozer

SILVER Star
Hmm. Daily Driving an 80 on 35's for the past (almost) two decades has been wonderful as long as you ignore fuel economy. Want to talk about what's not ideal? Try daily driving a 2F powered FJ40 on 37's sixty + miles a day for 8 years. :) Loved every minute of it!
poser1-1 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr
Now that is hardcore. Man that is an awesome 40 too!

Brentbba

Former Golfer
SILVER Star

well long story short, it wouldn't fit down in the parking garage, so they assigned me a visitor spot next to the handicapped parking. oh well. I don't really care, I don't DD, i usually take the metro.
I don't either when I drive the cruiser to work - Fridays mostly. I'm allowed to park in the visitor parking marked for contractors and delivery vehicles...with a little printing at the bottom - Vehicles over 6'8"! That's me!

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

Not so great weather today, so I just put on new lift gate struts and then plan to check out these emergency valve stems out over the weekend. I decided to stock them on my site mainly out of curiosity, but they are really pretty sweet in person so I will probably stick with them. They are better than I expected, a simple concept and lots of users out there seem to really like them. Once more thing to add to the tool kit:)

colbyvalve.jpg

Top Bottom