What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Insulated the ceiling of my poptop as I prepare to cut my roof. Looking super cozy:D

IMG_1065.JPG

Found a quick and easy way to secure my ladder. Glad to get this done before I fall getting in after too many beverages or getting out in the middle of the night 1/2 asleep.:eek: Now its super secure and will not move.:clap:This mods time requirement falls way below the maximum 3 minute rule.

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

Not sure on this, it's been a while since I moved my 02s, but I believe both come from the harness that drops below the intake down around the PHH. Both go over the top of the transmission and down the passenger side. I pulled one back up and around the back of the engine to make it to the manifold the other was long enough and just pulled up through fender

Gotcha I'll check a bit more later this week.

Didn't want to just wait it out and go in the morning? Would have been more fun ;)

Well, I could’ve waited but it was supposed to keep on snowing until 1pm. But yes, it would’ve been a ton more fun.

Zona

Insulated the ceiling of my poptop as I prepare to cut my roof. Looking super cozy:D

View attachment 1873649

Found a quick and easy way to secure my ladder. Glad to get this done before I fall getting in after too many beverages or getting out in the middle of the night 1/2 asleep.:eek: Now its super secure and will not move.:clap:This mods time requirement falls way below the maximum 3 minute rule.

View attachment 1873651

View attachment 1873653
Are you about to start the door swap?

Replaced my water pump because I thought that may be my heat problem. Old pump looks great for what seems to be the original (147K):
20190108_132234.jpg

Finally found the source of my heat problem. It has the wrong heater valve on it. My valve is open when it's supposed to be closed and vice versa. Correct one is on the way. Valve is open in this pic:
20190108_131806.jpg

Also noticed the other day that my cowl felt crunchy when I pushed on it. No rust thank God. Cleaned that out and am painting my rusty wiper arms:
20190108_123142.jpg

20190108_123133.jpg

How 'easy' is it to remove the cowl? I'm sure after 25 years of life, I've got a mess under there too.

How 'easy' is it to remove the cowl? I'm sure after 25 years of life, I've got a mess under there too.

Not too bad. Have to pull the wiper arms and there are 6 phillips screws along the forward edge the you can see with the hood up. The rear edge just pops in the windshield seal. A right angle ratchet screw driver is helpful as the hood is in the way of the screws. Honestly, if I didn't have to paint the wiper arms it would have been about a 15 minute job (I also didn't get too anal cleaning it out.. Just vacuumed out the debris and wiped it down with a rag and some cleaner).

Never saw them in all my years in cali, and i was looking! But i see them often in az, once really close up! Just grazing on the side ofbthe road! I love nature

YEP... Been looking several times a year for the last 36 years and this is my first spotting. I was starting to get annoyed at them for not showing their faces hah.

Way cool and a bit brave, or dumb. Lol. Glad to see fellow az guys gettin out there in weather people didn’t know Az gets!!! Way cool man!!!!

Thank you, it was a ton of fun. One take away: you learn to do everything yourself and then when you go with other people you know what not to do! ahhahahahaha.

Zona

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom