What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (66 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up a set of these Staun tyre deflators. Kinda spendy for what they are, but made in Australia and come in a decent leather pouch. They work quite nicely and better than using a key or borrowing @Qball stuff. Got the air down part figured out, just need to settle on the air up part of the equation...:hmm:
20170305_094548.jpg

If you have a bike use that for setting them up. Much quicker than a 35 inch truck tyre.....

They are calibrated to be used on Tyres. Some tinkering may be required to get them to function properly on tires.

Picked up a set of these Staun tyre deflators. Kinda spendy for what they are, but made in Australia and come in a decent leather pouch. They work quite nicely and better than using a key or borrowing @Qball stuff. Got the air down part figured out, just need to settle on the air up part of the equation...:hmm:
View attachment 1414434

Once you set your pressures apply a drop of super glue to the lock nut threads to keep them for going out of adjustment. It has been several years for me and never needed to readjust. With all tires air down being equal I carry a stop watch for air up time needed and do mental small time adjustments based on altitude. Eliminates the need to check and recheck during your air up. Over the years many have laughed at my stop watch system but they now time there own airing up quietly.:flipoff2:

Getting her home. Time to start tearing her apart and see what I'm working with. She came from the factory with 1" of rustproofing!

IMG_5243.JPG

Once you set your pressures apply a drop of super glue to the lock nut threads to keep them for going out of adjustment. It has been several years for me and never needed to readjust. With all tires air down being equal I carry a stop watch for air up time needed and do mental small time adjustments based on altitude. Eliminates the need to check and recheck during your air up. Over the years many have laughed at my stop watch system but they now time there own airing up quietly.:flipoff2:
Good note on the glue. Mine have rattled out of adjustment more times than I care to fix. Easy fix. lol doh.

Finished the wiring on the winch. Bracket arrived which allowed me to mount the control box on top of the winch. Will keep an eye on cooling in case it turns out i have too much stuff in front of the grill.
Then i changed the oil in both diffs. I had done the transfer case and transmission a few weeks back. What a real pain to get both drain plugs out then i remembered it pissed me off last time so much that i bought these little chaps from @NLXTACY

20170305_142141.jpg

Last edited:
Bent up some 1/8 rod and made a headrest mounted hat/coat hanger.

IMG_4308.JPG
IMG_4315.JPG
IMG_4316.JPG

That does not look like a 1HDT to me:meh:

Nope. A spare 93 with, allegedly, 153k on it. Got the motor, trans, and transfer case for free. It spins freely so I know it's not locked up. The wiring harness is all there so that's good.

If I was going to switch motors it would be to a Mighty 3FE! :flipoff2:

Got the new motor home and in my garage. Thanks to @Dudleyfj40 for letting me borrow his engine hoist. Made easy work of unloading it.

So easy that I had time to take my son fishing in the ol 93. 15 min in and he gets his "favorite" swim bait caught on a log 20' off shore. 42 degree water temp. He went in after it. And sliced the bottom of his foot. Looked like a murder scene!

This is why I carry a fully stocked First Aid Kit. Because we like to do stupid sh!t!

IMG_5251.JPG
IMG_5252.JPG

Got the new motor home and in my garage. Thanks to @Dudleyfj40 for letting me borrow his engine hoist. Made easy work of unloading it.

So easy that I had time to take my son fishing in the ol 93. 15 min in and he gets his "favorite" swim bait caught on a log 20' off shore. 42 degree water temp. He went in after it. And sliced the bottom of his foot. Looked like a murder scene!

This is why I carry a fully stocked First Aid Kit. Because we like to do stupid sh!t!

View attachment 1414688 View attachment 1414689

Thats gonna nip a bit in the morning....:frown:

View attachment 1414434
Have you tried the "remove the valve core" method? It's cheap and fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom