What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Social distancing above the the Colorado River.

EFFECTS.jpg

So what is that and how’s it work? I would love it my high beam indicator worked with my LED headlights.

Thanks
Ed
I suspect this works the same way in a 60 as it would work with the 62's outboard (low beams). What actual LED assemblies do you have in your 60? I know the JW Speaker low beams operate in a low beam pattern only, despite having both low and high beam leads in the power wires. Dunno how other brands of LED assemblies operate though. What this is is just a relay used to send current through a resistor to trigger the high beam indicator when the "flash" function is used (pulling back on the headlight stalk). Here's a link to the thread where this is discussed, from this post on: Instructions for LED Headlight upgrade

Installed a 2" receiver on the FJ62. Reese 44668 model. We had to drill holes in the receiver brackets to clear the rivet heads. only one bolt per side on the frame matched, we drilled out the frame for the second mounting point at the front of the receiver bracket. Also had to enlarge the holes at the rear just over the 2" receiver tube to allow the screws that go into the bottom of the bumper + frame. Still need to get some 0.5" spacers for that part.
I forgot how much torque that old milwaukee 1/2" drill has! when it catches with a big bit it can really put some strain into the wrists! I put the 16 yo on it!
Not shown is the 2x4 we used as a lever to push the dril upward. Drilling upside down sucks!
IMG_2172.JPG

P.S. I know that I can't tow to the rating of this hitch. I just wanted 2" so that I can use bike racks and hitch carriers without that silly 1-1/4" to 2" adapter.

Last edited:
Installed a 2" receiver on the FJ62. Reese 44668 model. Wad to drill holes in the receiver brackets to clear the rivet heads. only one bolt per side on the frame matched, we drilled out the frame for the second mounting point at the front of the receiver bracket. Also had to enlarge the holes at the rear just over the 2" receiver tube to allow the screws that go into the bottom of the bumper + frame. Still need to get some 0.5" spacers for that part.
I forgot how much torque that old milwaukee 1/2" drill has! when it catches with a big bit it can really put some strain into the wrists! I put the 16 yo on it!
Not shown is the 2x4 we used as a lever to push the dril upward. Drilling upside down sucks!
View attachment 2262944
P.S. I know that I can't tow to the rating of this hitch. I just wanted 2" so that I can use bike racks and hitch carriers without that silly 1-1/4" to 2" adapter.

I did this same thing for the same reasons. Different hitch however but the same basic thing. Drilling into that steel was an hours long affair. That's some tough stuff to cut through. Good work.

I suspect this works the same way in a 60 as it would work with the 62's outboard (low beams). What actual LED assemblies do you have in your 60? I know the JW Speaker low beams operate in a low beam pattern only, despite having both low and high beam leads in the power wires. Dunno how other brands of LED assemblies operate though. What this is is just a relay used to send current through a resistor to trigger the high beam indicator when the "flash" function is used (pulling back on the headlight stalk). Here's a link to the thread where this is discussed, from this post on: Instructions for LED Headlight upgrade

thanks for the link, I’ll read up. I’m using the City Racer LEDs.

-Ed

Installed a 2" receiver on the FJ62. Reese 44668 model. We had to drill holes in the receiver brackets to clear the rivet heads. only one bolt per side on the frame matched, we drilled out the frame for the second mounting point at the front of the receiver bracket. Also had to enlarge the holes at the rear just over the 2" receiver tube to allow the screws that go into the bottom of the bumper + frame. Still need to get some 0.5" spacers for that part.
View attachment 2262944

Did the same thing also with yet another hitch. one of the holes lines up and the other two dont....don't remember which hole. I used a step drill to drill the frame and then cleaned it up with the final diam drill. I had the luxury of using a lift when I did mine but pushing up from below the drill wasn't any easier.

I broke my thumb last spring with a 20v DeWalt. Have fun.

I broke my thumb last spring with a 20v DeWalt. Have fun.
View attachment 2262944
FAC7C5DF-24DC-496B-B1E6-B0454DCA373E.jpeg

My son Ryder found out drilling the bushings out of my Chevy 63s during my SOA swap. Thankful he wasn’t hurt but couldn’t believe I got the play by play pictures in action. We laughed afterwards and he quickly learned about drill torque. Such a great son and a true blessing in my life.Can’t wait for our road trip to SAS4 with him and Snowball❄️ in Ouray, Colorado in August.

The dust boot on my e-brake had seen some better days and I really hated how it looked, so I ripped it out.
IMG_20200406_143623.jpg

I had an old Army duffel laying around, so I began to dismantle the old boot and use the pieces to make a pattern for a new one.
IMG_20200406_151310.jpg

I kept as much of the original lettering on it that I could find. Woke up this morning and got to sewing.
IMG_20200407_144645.jpg
IMG_20200407_144700.jpg

IMG_20200407_144706.jpg

It's all hand-stitched, using a backstitch to join the panels and a running stitch around the bottom, if anyone is curious. It's the most I've sewn since 7th grade home ec and got a C on my pillow project, so, Mrs. Hendrick, if you're reading this, eat s***.

^^^ that's BadAss...
Cameout really good and very unique..!!

Covid-FJ60 aside, I took Lefty out for a bit of desert social distancing with @Dan2722

Loaded this blank canvas (more for those who are stuck at home) for a quick trip to Anza Borrego before the man shut the place down
AB1.jpeg

Quickly got into the flexing game (to the extent a truck with leaf springs can do so)
AB2.jpeg

Then found some random wash to explore for picture-taking purposes
AB3.jpeg

Chased some wildlife out of the truck
AB4.jpeg

Used @TRAIL TAILOR 's tailgate storage solution to mix beverages
AB5.jpeg

Then settled in for the night
AB6.jpeg

Covid-FJ60 aside, I took Lefty out for a bit of desert social distancing with @Dan2722

Loaded this blank canvas (more for those who are stuck at home) for a quick trip to Anza Borrego before the man shut the place down
AB1.jpeg

Quickly got into the flexing game (to the extent a truck with leaf springs can do so)
AB2.jpeg

AB3.jpeg

AB4.jpeg

AB5.jpeg

AB6.jpeg

Looks like you're doing well! Cheers and stay safe.

J

AB1.jpeg

AB2.jpeg

AB3.jpeg

AB4.jpeg

AB5.jpeg

AB6.jpeg

I’m local to you now if you ever want another white 60 to crash the party

replaced these
F279F717-90E8-490B-A924-09F3D04305D9.jpeg

with these
18DC2D88-F871-4F42-A07B-26128E75B5C1.jpeg

not 100% the adapter rings are correctly set up, I had maybe 1/8” clearance to the window glass but couldn’t seem to get things to align with the adapter behind the speaker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom