What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moved the FJ62 carcass around a bit.

IMG_2991.JPG

IMG_2990.JPG

E6C9EB78-C9C4-414E-913D-A77B9DC50D84.jpeg
No work yet in the barn as the weekend is still early :). But we are getting some snow in the hill country. This does not happen too often!!! If you squint you’ll see the shop off in the distance

View attachment 1587943 No work yet in the barn as the weekend is still early :). But we are getting some snow in the hill country. This does not happen too often!!! If you squint you’ll see the shop off in the distance
I like the Christmas lights on the windmill! That's about the same amount of snow as we got here today - just a tease. Of course we're way over 7,000 feet and quite a bit farther north. It'll take a lot more snow to be able to break out the snowshoes. Oh well.

Met this dude at a gas station at the mouth of Price Canyon in Utah. LC coincidence at its best!

Great to meet you Casey! @Mr Tibbs

:cheers:

View attachment 1587364

Great to finally meet you too Onur! That was quite a coincidence running into you! It's not everyday you see a RHD 70's series at the gas station! Looking forward to getting some parts for you in a bit.

Ahhh....I just bought an antenna from Casey. Good to put a face with a name.

Looks like the antenna will be there on Saturday. Let me know how it works!

Two great guys right there! @Mr Tibbs your goat is getting as grey as mine brother!

Looks a little cooler than here... glad I'm gone!

J

The goat is getting there. I tell the kids the grey is wisdom and until they get some they have to listen to me! Lol

Cold is a damn understatement. The temp this morning was 12 F with a 20+ mph wind. I hope it's better in Cali!

Okay, with the recent snow today in HOUSTON, TX of all places, I decided to get the hood installed back on the ole FJ60 this morning.
So tell me what you think... and be honest... Orange or a different color? (stupid sketter landed in my paint), and now it's to cold and wet to sand and and another coat... so his remains are staying, lol
The orange does match the rust on my springs and frame!

We are now calling the truck BB-8

Hood1.jpg

Hood2.jpg

Hood3.jpg

Hood4.jpg

I've been fighting with (and still am) whether I should sell my FJ62 once I hit the bottom of Argentina (currently driving an American registered FJ62 from Los Angeles down there), or if I should ship it to Denmark... Reason says no. Heart says HELL YEAH! There's so much I still want to do on the FJ62, and if I sell it, it probably won't get done.

If I sell it I might be able to find another one for future overlander-projects in Europe... Not very likely... And it wouldn't be the same no matter which one I find :-( However I have been thinking... And I love the FJ62, but it's not cheap to drive it 25000 miles. So maybe a 100-series would be better for a future drive.

Shoot me down guys. Heart or reason? 100-series or stay with 60-series??
IMG_20171117_161602_517.jpg

Just ordered some "clips" to install the hood blanket and front rubber seal back onto the hood, next will be the front and rear doors, followed by the hatch and gate, then the roof (keeping that white) and to finish up with the body... it's a "paint by panel" project

Okay, with the recent snow today in HOUSTON, TX of all places, I decided to get the hood installed back on the ole FJ60 this morning.
So tell me what you think... and be honest... Orange or a different color? (stupid sketter landed in my paint), and now it's to cold and wet to sand and and another coat... so his remains are staying, lol

Hood1.jpg

Hood2.jpg

Hood3.jpg

Hood4.jpg
I do like the orange, which reminds me of a joke my best friend told me when he finished up a co-op work assignment in college - "What's big, orange, and sleeps four? A New Mexico Highway Department vehicle."

I do like the orange, which reminds me of a joke my best friend told me when he finished up a co-op work assignment in college - "What's big, orange, and sleeps four? A New Mexico Highway Department vehicle."

Okay, so we're going there....

Q: "What happens if you fail your driver's test over 4 times in a row in New Mexico?"
A: "They give you a yellow license plate."

Hood1.jpg

Hood2.jpg

Hood3.jpg

Hood4.jpg

Rock the name and go wild hog on the BB-8 theme.

Trail damage and scrapes will add to the asthetics of the design.

Hood1.jpg

Hood2.jpg

Hood3.jpg

Hood4.jpg
Love the orange/white roof combo. That will be my first choice when my wrap wears out:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom