What did you do on your 70 series today? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am guessing it was 30 years of locking/unlocking the drivers door manually with a key that caused the keyhole to slightly crater inward and causing the lock mechanism to be a little loose. Even though I am no longer using the key to lock/unlock the cruiser since I installed a remote keyless set up, it still bugged me that the lock was loose. I took it back to my PDR guy who massaged the keyhole from both sides and made it look good as new. Lock mechanism fits on tight now.

pdr key.JPG

Installed front ARB bumper , OME suspension , set of 33x10.5 skinny’s and one of the Trail Tailor slider kits . Waiting on the new owner to send me some tunes to install and then this one will be ready to leave .
IMG_3808.jpeg
IMG_3805.jpeg
IMG_3802.jpeg

Our shop 73 is getting a turbo and some other fun stuff.....trying out a Kinugawa turbo. Pretty nice stuff....we’ll see how it holds up.

We have been spraying everything with air cure Cerakote...they manifold got it on this one. On our full engine builds we do the whole motor. Fancy stuff :)

20230819_161655.jpg
20230822_141949.jpg
20230819_161815.jpg

kinugawa is nice, i put one on mine and it performs very well, fast spool, billet wheels, good adjustable wastegate actuator, lots of psi

Had to be somewhat creative with routing but the ole Ute now sports a 3” exhaust. 😊
IMG_4798.jpeg

Is that a Simpson manifold adapter? That ceracote looks excellent! Seems to hold up well?
The adapter came with the Kinugawa turbo. Pretty nice piece.

I have had my manifolds coated on my 1HDT in my 79 for a while now....it has held up amazingly well. Zero issues.

We've been doing full motors with Cerakote....we'll see how that holds up. Cerakote is supposed to go over a blasted surface....we're not able to blast blocks....not sure I'd want to. So lots of prep and cleaning before we spray.

This one is burnt bronze. All the freshly vapor blasted aluminum has been Cerakoted with their clear product.
P1015547.JPG
P1015605.JPG

20230824_164203.jpg

This one is a Cerakote Glacier Black with Glacier Gold mix.....these are their air cured coatings. For our other "smaller" projects(the ones that typically get Cerakote), they are baked on using the oven cure products.

20230824_164750.jpg

20230824_165123.jpg

My, that's beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom