What did you do on your 70 series today? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hit what you can with a wire brush and then saturate it inside and out with a "rust converter" sprayed from a pump up garden sprayer. Spray inside panels with a thinned out asphalt roof tar after the rust converter sets. Use "kitty hair" filler as your base filler.......If you don't drive in saltwater it should go at least 10 years before the rust comes bubbling back.
In fact, I already started fixing the problem. Now going to remove surface rust from awkward places with phosphoric acid. Perhaps these are the last repairs that require welding. I don't dare say that anymore. :rofl:

IMG_20200402_193907.jpg

Also I ordered today laser cutted pieces for front and rear bumpers.

Proyect HDJ75 (will be pickup)
Firts suspension test with LX450 axles
Pending:
- rear spring perches on way
- searching 80 lower arm bracked
- searching front lateral control rod
- searching 78 crossmember
Only that for this year

IMG_20200402_110920.jpg

IMG_20200402_111116.jpg

IMG_20200402_111021.jpg

Regards.

Cannot do any work on my LC.

Due to Covid19 and the spread of the Corona Virus living in my house over in the PI has been cancelled indefinitely. Travel over seas has been banned and there is a city by city LOCK DOWN and if you are in Manila; you cannot leave Manila.
Which means.... I will not get to drive or do any work to my PZJ75 until next year .....

My clutch was engaging as soon as the pedal left the floor. Was having trouble shifting into 1st or reverse and some downshifting as if the clutch plates were dragging. I bled out all the old fluid for new DOT4 and tightened up/increased the clutch pedal engagement. Now I'm shifting nice and smooth with more normal clutch engagement.
Also turned the fuel screw in 1/2 turn and have much better power, but a bit too much black smoke. Will turn out 1/4 turn and check tomorrow.

My son was cleaning out his room and found this...

20200405_174723.jpg

I charged the batteries to see if it still worked and terrorized the new puppy with it for a minute.

I repaired a leaky line in my recent vintage air AC install. I bought the very nice heat cool defrost super series evaporater from vintage air. Pieced the rest together from other sources. One of those sources was a universal line kit from amazon that was surely made in China. I cut all the lines and had a local shop crimp them for me. Unfortunately the grooves on one of the made in China line set fittings were not deep enough to bite the rubber hose securely and blew out.............I found another fitting that came with the kit that had good grooves... Alas the shop that could crimp fittings was closed due to coronavirus. I cut the crimp flange off with a dremel and substituted 2Xhose clamps with opposite screws for the crimp fitting. The hose clamps installed with a socket(not screwdriver) provide plenty of clamping force to seal..................So for anyone doing a DIY R134 system you can use double opposing full size hose clamps in place of crimp on fittings.

Turned the fuel up a little. My big ol hands do not fit well in there. Not to mention I’ve apparently lost every 10mm wrench over 3” long. :doh:

on a quick test seems to have some more getup, although i still didn’t see any black smoke. Going to test again, going for a little smoke at full flogging.

The tedium of self quarantine continues...
Made a seat bracket for my KZJ78 to do a quick release fire extinguisher mount.

IMG_20200329_121522.jpg

IMG_20200329_122857.jpg

IMG_20200329_134636.jpg

IMG_20200329_142527.jpg

IMG_20200329_163114.jpg

I noticed today that Google used this image for the shop....

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 10.37.29 AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom