What did you do on your 70 series today?

Oh absolutely. That said, that's not my ideal option.

Luckily, I sat and thought about the arm situation and then had my "aha" moment.... 3B's were put into Toyota forklifts.... Off I go and pull out the conversion book:

View attachment 2255350

And the rocker arms indeed crossed over:

View attachment 2255351

View attachment 2255352

So, called my Toyota Forklift dealer and the parts guy said these were good numbers. I asked if he could see national inventory and he unfortunately said he didn't have access to that. Bummer. So, I went ahead and ordered 4 of each. No harm in not trying. We'll see in a week or so if the arms are indeed available in Toyota Forklift format.
That's some squared away research there.

Onur

GOLD Star

I've moved my engine rebuild information to a new thread in the diesel section of MUD.

I've moved my engine rebuild information to a new thread in the diesel section of MUD.

I was about to say that. You should have a tread so its easier for us (me) to follow your work...

where can that comparison list be found? does it cover gas engines as well? thanks

Onur

GOLD Star

I’m sorry— what comparison list for what gas engines? Not following.

Oh absolutely. That said, that's not my ideal option.

Luckily, I sat and thought about the arm situation and then had my "aha" moment.... 3B's were put into Toyota forklifts.... Off I go and pull out the conversion book:

View attachment 2255350

And the rocker arms indeed crossed over:

View attachment 2255351

View attachment 2255352

So, called my Toyota Forklift dealer and the parts guy said these were good numbers. I asked if he could see national inventory and he unfortunately said he didn't have access to that. Bummer. So, I went ahead and ordered 4 of each. No harm in not trying. We'll see in a week or so if the arms are indeed available in Toyota Forklift format.

Onur

GOLD Star

The conversion list is probably impossible to find. Yes it covers gas engines.

The tedium of being stuck at home and inability to spend money have driven me to straight up tinkering.

I started hating on my P.O.S., two piece, non-locking, janky, Harbor Freight, bottle jack handle.
So I made a new one out of a pipe that I can use without having an arm under the truck, including an end cap to open/close the jack valve.
Then I decided I needed a special mount for it.
And then I decided I needed a machete.
Then I decided I needed a magnetic mount for a machete.
Then I decided the bottle jack handle was, along with the machete, a good attitude adjuster.

IMG_20200329_112606.jpg

IMG_20200329_112718.jpg

IMG_20200329_112901.jpg

IMG_20200329_112958.jpg

IMG_20200331_163449.jpg

The tedium of being stuck at home and inability to spend money have driven me to straight up tinkering.

I started hating on my P.O.S., two piece, non-locking, janky, Harbor Freight, bottle jack handle.
So I made a new one out of a pipe that I can use without having an arm under the truck, including an end cap to open/close the jack valve.
Then I decided I needed a special mount for it.
And then I decided I needed a machete.
Then I decided I needed a magnetic mount for a machete.
Then I decided the bottle jack handle was, along with the machete, a good attitude adjuster.
Nothing really beats the Toyota OEM bottle jack. I have a spare one in my 77.

Hit what you can with a wire brush and then saturate it inside and out with a "rust converter" sprayed from a pump up garden sprayer. Spray inside panels with a thinned out asphalt roof tar after the rust converter sets. Use "kitty hair" filler as your base filler.......If you don't drive in saltwater it should go at least 10 years before the rust comes bubbling back.
In fact, I already started fixing the problem. Now going to remove surface rust from awkward places with phosphoric acid. Perhaps these are the last repairs that require welding. I don't dare say that anymore. :rofl:

IMG_20200402_193907.jpg

Also I ordered today laser cutted pieces for front and rear bumpers.

Proyect HDJ75 (will be pickup)
Firts suspension test with LX450 axles
Pending:
- rear spring perches on way
- searching 80 lower arm bracked
- searching front lateral control rod
- searching 78 crossmember
Only that for this year

IMG_20200402_110920.jpg

IMG_20200402_111116.jpg

IMG_20200402_111021.jpg

Regards.