What did you do on your 70 series today? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You need to get on this LineX project - I would love to see how it looks! Would you keep the same color?
Oops, didn’t read thoroughly enough. You are talking bed - I would really like to see how a whole truck looks.

I spoke to the guys at LineX today who we use....they don't use the Ultra product yet. It's an alternative to powdercoat...sprayed at 10-15 mils. Bedliner is much thicker than that. The texture is very fine....you can almost feel it according to him. It's more expensive than regular LineX and takes special equipment to spray. At that thickness, you'll see every flaw. My intent was to hide some of the not-so-good body work with bed liner...not so sure that will happen. So lots of sanding and prep work.

This truck we have in the shop is done in a very smooth Raptor....it's really nice stuff. Almost like an eggshell texture. Again...would need a pretty perfect body to use it on.
20190625_101011_HDR.jpg

Side steps are done in regular texture

20190625_101035.jpg

It’s starting to be more of a 70 than an 80. Test fit the kut snake flares to see how well they cover the 315/75 tires. Not even close to installing them as I have a million other things to get done first.
27479E99-D998-4A1E-AB66-952DF6969627.jpeg
C157CD21-1A90-4AB6-9EA1-659695C9D144.jpeg

Wow those look good....excellent coverage! Wonder if I have a set in stock for my truck......hmmmmm.
Yes I was stoked they covered that well. I would say it’s identical to my coverage in the 80 deflared with the same tire.

Got the tint off the Troopy.....starting to look more like a proper truck.

20190625_160751.jpg

Yes I was stoked they covered that well. I would say it’s identical to my coverage in the 80 deflared with the same tire.

That's great. Is that wheel tire combo going to be what you run for final?

Starting to look like you have more LC's than European cars in that lot.

Funny because one of the euro cars we have in the main shop is probably worth more than ALL the LCs in that lot and in the building next too it. Lol.

Worth is relative :flipoff2:

:bounce::bounce2:

Ever wonder how many seat covers are on your seats? Well this truck had 3 sets of covers on top of the OEM cover. Lol.
20190626_084016.jpg
20190626_084207.jpg
20190626_090002.jpg

Tomorrow that old seat has an appointment with the dumpster......it was incredible how much dust/dirt/I don't want to know what came out of it. Insane. I had a 76 seat from my 79 build that we adapted to work. It's no gem but I don't mind sitting in it and not feeling like I immediately need a shower. Actually looks nice in the pic. Maybe I'll put the other one in the Troopy.

I'm kind of thinking this Troopy never saw a paved road in it's life....just dusty dry roads. It's beat down. But no rust....got to keep telling myself that.....no rust.....no rust.....no rust.

20190626_154609.jpg

Hello,

I guess it was cheaper for the PO to buy another seat cover than having the whole thing re-upholstered.

It is good to see another Troopie in a good home.

Juan

Hello,

I guess it was cheaper for the PO to buy another seat cover than having the whole thing re-upholstered.

It is good to see another Troopie in a good home.

Juan

The covers were hog-ringed onto each other.....they weren't typical covers. I think ALL the seats have this same arrangement on them. Lol. I was told it was used as a school bus for little kids. There is a lot of wear on painted things in the cab. Definitely saw a lot of use.

In it's new home for 2 days and it's already getting messed around with!

200.gif

Yikers...That is a lot of funk buried in there. I think I'd rather deal with mouse droppings lol.

HAHAHAHAHA.....exactly what I felt like messing with that seat.

The covers were hog-ringed onto each other.....they weren't typical covers. I think ALL the seats have this same arrangement on them. Lol. I was told it was used as a school bus for little kids. There is a lot of wear on painted things in the cab. Definitely saw a lot of use.

In it's new home for 2 days and it's already getting messed around with!

You don't buy seat covers in a pre-designed package over there... you go to one of the auto shops that does upholstery and accessories and pick a fabric. They custom stitch a set of covers and apply them in about 4 hours. Only runs about $100-200 out the door depending on fabric choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom