What did you do on your 70 series today? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@joekatana ....... It made it .... In one piece. :)

Last edited:
I guess the folks that destroy things in the shipping business were own their lunch break. :)

Out of the storage building and into the main shop.....could this be the start of build #2? Hopefully.

Drained the varnished up fuel tank. Stuck a quart of lacquer thinner in it, threw it in the back of the tundra and drove to work a back and a few errands.
Nasty stuff came out, the inside is cleaning up! Another round, flush it out then coat in ATF.

tank2.jpg

I am kinda curious about that also. I attempted to purchase some code 045 white touch up paint from a local dealer only to be told they don't sell that code.

After getting the actual part number ( thanks @beno ). I was able to order some touch up paint from the local dealer. It took two weeks for it to come in and the code made the parts guy ask me what vehicle I was buying this for as he didn't seem to be familiar with 045.

Toyota has used multiple shades of white through the years.

We're having a great Feb. for snow at the local ski hill...which means I'm getting nothing done on the Troopy, but it's getting plenty of use.

The early stages of a complete LED upgrade. In this case, the daytime running lamps. The OEM bulb tested at 81 lumens while the LED replacement tested at 500 lumens.

The early stages of a complete LED upgrade. In this case, the daytime running lamps. The OEM bulb tested at 81 lumens while the LED replacement tested at 500 lumens.View attachment 1905794

I've been contemplating retrofitting in a 7" round LED headlight or a projector in the factory housing. I see some pretty cool stuff in Australia....

Are you going to do(or have done) LED bulbs in the headlights?

I finally got around to installing these....well one at least. A couple of pallets of sod that needed to go down interrupted my install.

These things are really nice. I ended up running a smaller speaker so I could use the OEM grill from an 80 series. I have this really weird thing about speaker grills. I hate them. This one works for me.

Going to do an install thread for those who bought them....will detail the speaker setup I went with.

@c2dfj45 ..... "Are you going to do(or have done) LED bulbs in the headlights?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LED headlight bulbs are one of the few things that Rob doesn't stock because of the endless variations but the ones that are correct for my truck are on order and should be in any day now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom