What did you do on your 70 series today? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The smaller spring-pack will be fine. Especially in view of how much lighter your now billfold is.:rofl:
No worries, based on my previous transactions, when I sell the Ute I'll easily recoup ten cent on the dollar so I'm good.
:lol:

image.jpeg

My ole 77 Series is famous .... well the T-shirt that features it is at least famous. I noticed one of the guys in Ronny Dahl's newest video is wearing the t-shirt. :)

On one hand, it's so much fun to drive a 70-series in the snow without all those new-fangled traction control electronics!

On the other hand, I cringe and think IT'S RUSTING!!!
It isn't the snow it's the chemicals they put down to get rid of the snow. Go crazy!

He’s in New York. Salt galore.

Changed out the transmission / transfer / PTO gear oil. A friend convinced me to go with the Red Line MT-90.

Then I repurposed the JDM Speedo alarm buzzer so that if I have the headlights on and the door opens, I have a friendly reminder! Thanks @John Galt for the idea.

View attachment 1693755

Can you elaborate on how you did this? It seems like a good idea~

Fitted a new steering dampener from EFS.
Dampner New.JPG

And made this awesome hand pumped water jerry can... details on how to make your own in my build thread. Go nuts!
Water Jerry Pump (11).JPG

Also picked up a Coleman Hyperflame Gladiator and a lil gas bottle, fits perfect on the tailgate table. Surf trip over the next few days, should be eating like kings.

Finally got out for my maiden voyage. Took it easy but still got a bit dirty. 31/2 hour drive to Landcruiser Mountain was a fitting place to start my 3 day adventure with my son and a few mates.

IMG_6238.JPG

IMG_6234.JPG

IMG_6265.JPG

Quick truckwash stop on the way back before a complete clean next day after good night sleep.

IMG_6241.JPG

That was a good find... Thanks for the link...
I purchased that manual...
The PDFs are nice, but I prefer the bound version.
Now I need to find a RM-183E.

Recently located both the electrical wiring manual EWD-168F and the chassis/body manual RM-183E used and very good condition.
The PDF versions are nice as a backup, but I prefer the factory paper versions...

image.jpeg

Rear suspension upgrade is completed. :)
You can also see the aux fuel tank that is soon destined for the scrap heap.

image.jpeg
you need to give a ride report as to those new fangled shocks. would like to some how soften up my ride.
New fangled or not, the ride has to be better now that these have been removed.

Don’t you just love it when you break open the front axle of an HZJ77 and find that the “importer” put no grease in the knuckle. So many dodgy mo-fo’s out there....

Makes for a pretty nasty find...
25E6FFAE-EAEA-4435-8A09-5E545BC0EDF4.jpeg
3009E481-CDAC-419C-B57B-C27A65892C5B.jpeg
901C884F-C58D-404E-8671-A42CB11DB11C.jpeg
CB4BAB69-00B6-4CFF-B90A-8282EC134C5B.jpeg

I bought a 60 to keep my 70 company.....and now I have a 60, 70 and 80 series. Might need to poke around and look for a 55.....

P2012497.JPG
20190125_060831666-01#1.jpeg

I bought a 60 to keep my 70 company.....and now I have a 60, 70 and 80 series. Might need to poke around and look for a 55.....

I think your quest for filling the gaps in your model numbers is noble and good. Do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom