We will name him Brutus. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well here it is. I started spraying off some of the engine bay. I replaced the right rear door, fixed the inner handle on the passenger front door, fixed the hood latch, unstuck the ignition, cleaned the carb, fixed literally ALL of the wiring (nothing would turn on, none of the fuses had contact). Next I buy a battery and make it turn on. there are some more door handle issues I need to fix, and the rear tailgate handle is busted off. But I have lots of spare parts, and its so easy to work on it only took me about 6 hours to fix the stuff ive done so far without ever touching a LC before lol Once I get it to turn on, I will take it down the street for a DEEP cleaning. Throw some mexican blankets over the seats and drive it to and from work until I decide to do more crap to it.

IMG_20240317_161655827.jpg

IMG_20240317_161703729.jpg

IMG_20240317_161757442.jpg

IMG_20240317_161811653.jpg

IMG_20240316_165733182.jpg

Last edited:
69 😎

Would assume it’s a 3spd?

Were you counting reverse as a gear? Maybe it has a toyota stout tranny. They had a 4 on the tree. Ya got something weird going on down there.

Workin on the ol LC today. I ran to my work for a battery, and the SOB fired right up. Could have something to do with firehosing the carb with cleaner yesterday, but I digress. Gauges all responded. Its runnin damn good. But gauge says no gas, and filter is empty now so I need to add some fuel and try some more. BUT. In the mean time. I have some other parts I need to address. the pictured wire is not connected to anything. Should it be? Second. I have ZERO lights. None are working. No brakes, no headlights, no corner markers, no turn signals, not even the emergency lights. But the wiper blades worked. I turned them off. Now they dont turn on again. Horn works. My lovely pain in the ass wife has ALL the tools in the FJ and she wont be home till 7pm (currently 430pm) so I cant run any tests with voltage but maybe someone knows something off the top of their head? I also need a passenger door desperately. Cleaning the spinny wheel worked on the driver rear, but the passenger front is too far gone, and the lower hinge sheet metal is ripped out so the door is just a mess.

IMG_20240318_160559725.jpg

No idea what that solenoid thing is, but your light problem sounds like a fuse to me, either blown or the terminals that the fuse itself locks into are corroded and dirty and not transferring voltage. I’d start there first, then move to the switch.

New fuel line acquired, I made a wire at work to connect the carb to the coil, I got some boxes of fuses, got my wire brush and carb cleaner handy. Gonna scrub that block and hope all my lights will work.

Wire is in, fuse block cleaned and all fuses replaced, I now have lights. But no hazards, turn signals, headlights or highbeams. But now the cluster lights up, the corner markers, and the brake lights (the marker ones not actual brake). So I know there is another in line fuse I can replace/check. My voltmeter is dead so I need to replace the stupid battery. I went to put gas in and the filler neck hose is SHOT and peeing on the ground. Baby steps

I have heard that the '69 fuel filler hoses were different than the later hoses in that they were oval as opposed to round. But I have not seen this myself.
Wondering if that is an original hose or a PO tried to replace it and couldn't find an exact fit and found something pretty close?

I have an extra if you are interested.
how much we talkin 👀 I got the local parts place matching it to a radiator hose section right now. The design on it is wonky as hell, since its all kinked and stuff

how much we talkin 👀 I got the local parts place matching it to a radiator hose section right now. The design on it is wonky as hell, since its all kinked and stuff
I used a replacement gas filler hose recommended quite awhile ago by @PabloCruise. Can find the source or part number but perhaps TJ could come up with it. Worked perfectly...after trimming a few inches off one end. Correct bends in the hose.