We will name him Brutus. (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the meantime. I searched all my local spots and found a radiator hose that will work until I get replacement actual fuel line one. Confirmed fuel to the pump, just nothing from pump to carb. i think the pump has given up, and I will be ordering the rebuild kit as well. Another baby step

IMG_20240320_194835493.jpg

IMG_20240320_194823342.jpg

IMG_20240320_193125885.jpg

This source says it's available but I checked another online Toyota Dealer's website and it says discontinued.

I just pulled a whole filler with hose and even the rubber grommet off of my 75 Pig trailer. The hose is as hard as wedding🍆 but in good shape.

t
This source says it's available but I checked another online Toyota Dealer's website and it says discontinued.

These dudes say they have the parts, we place order and they cancel it and tell us its unavailable. Ive tried for a few older car dudes at my job too (i work at toyota) and they screw me lol

As for the grounds - the brake lights, turn signals, and headlight low/hi is whats not workin now. What ground am I lookin for? the emergency flasher switch or something?

Not an expert but I think the taillight assemblies are grounded through the assembly. Again, I might have that completely wrong. Not a lot of trouble though to pull the entire assembly and make sure that there isn't a bunch or rust/corrosion impeding contact between the assembly and the body.

Just waiting for my pump rebuild kit from cruiser cult - bought on the 20th, paid for the faster shipping, and didnt ship till today :( so wont be here till tuesday. Was hoping to have that sooner so I can spend my day off on that, but it is what it is.

In the meantime. The passenger side bottom hinge has ripped the sheet metal out. Best option would be replace door I assume? Or cut up the spare rear door I have?

Last edited:
Well here it is. I started spraying off some of the engine bay. I replaced the right rear door, fixed the inner handle on the passenger front door, fixed the hood latch, unstuck the ignition, cleaned the carb, fixed literally ALL of the wiring (nothing would turn on, none of the fuses had contact). Next I buy a battery and make it turn on. there are some more door handle issues I need to fix, and the rear tailgate handle is busted off. But I have lots of spare parts, and its so easy to work on it only took me about 6 hours to fix the stuff ive done so far without ever touching a LC before lol Once I get it to turn on, I will take it down the street for a DEEP cleaning. Throw some mexican blankets over the seats and drive it to and from work until I decide to do more crap to it.

View attachment 3584643

View attachment 3584644

View attachment 3584645

View attachment 3584646

View attachment 3584647
Fantastic!!!

I used a replacement gas filler hose recommended quite awhile ago by @PabloCruise. Can find the source or part number but perhaps TJ could come up with it. Worked perfectly...after trimming a few inches off one end. Correct bends in the hose.
I was just going to start looking for that thread Jim! Glad it helped...

I used a replacement gas filler hose recommended quite awhile ago by @PabloCruise. Can find the source or part number but perhaps TJ could come up with it. Worked perfectly...after trimming a few inches off one end. Correct bends in the hose.
Some links for you to consider:

In the meantime. I searched all my local spots and found a radiator hose that will work until I get replacement actual fuel line one. Confirmed fuel to the pump, just nothing from pump to carb. i think the pump has given up, and I will be ordering the rebuild kit as well. Another baby step

View attachment 3587496

View attachment 3587497

View attachment 3587498
Does the kit come with new gasket?

I tried to rebuild my pump and the 40 ended up smelling like gasoline - no bueno!

Does the kit come with new gasket?

I tried to rebuild my pump and the 40 ended up smelling like gasoline - no bueno!

It comes with all this stuff lol im not sure which gasket but i hope it comes with all the ones I need as im new to rebuilding mechanical pumps. they are a vendor here so I knew it would be a good source, and the price was right. lol

Ive got extra electric pumps and regulators just in case i screw it up, but if I can keep some original stuff I will

It comes with all this stuff lol im not sure which gasket but i hope it comes with all the ones I need as im new to rebuilding mechanical pumps. they are a vendor here so I knew it would be a good source, and the price was right. lol

Ive got extra electric pumps and regulators just in case i screw it up, but if I can keep some original stuff I will
Do you have JIS driver(s)?
The bolts look like Phillips, but they are easy to round out unless you go at the job w/ JIS driver/bit.