Vintage TOYOTA MOTOR Hand Tools and "TEQ" Accessories (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well 99, it's really quite simple. It's for when you've gone amphibious in a waste-high creek and you hit that rock just a little too fast. Your buddy, who insisted that seatbelts are for woosies, is no longer riding shotgun, and cannot be immediately located. You grab the emergency flag from your glove box (more accessible now than a moment ago) then deploy it by raising it with your left arm to alert other trailers to be wary of your missing comrade. The process is similar to a water skier wipe out, but can provide sarcasm ammunition for years to come because in this case, your buddy isn't supposed to get wet.

The metal boxes were used on Usa early cruisers 25’s to the early 40’s ... some boxes had shown up here and there well before the horders started taking them away from Japan lol

One of those things we used to obsess over thinking they were a hard to get thing 25-30 years ago :)

However most got the large roll till about 67’ then medium rolls

The forklift is likely 70’s ... but... the models run many years ... 2fg could be late 60’s to the 80’s ... it wasn’t replaced by the 3fg it overlapped not like 1f then 2f then 3f afaik

I think I got some sales numbers and models someplace ... I’ll check some point

Yes, that 2fg had quite a long run @JohnnyC . Judging from the TEQ stamps on the tools in the box, I'm thinking it is from the late 60s. I read that Toyota produced 50k total lift trucks by 1969. They produced 50k Land Cruisers by 1965.

Some fresh oldies
9422D5EB-2892-4EBE-9E82-13B3489DF649.jpeg

4885DDDE-F02E-4D80-96EC-8AEDDDA9D3C3.png

71B1289F-FD70-4DE4-8D13-35CCE6FBD608.png

Saudi Spec. Region Dealership Service Dept. Customer Waiting Area / Lounge Playing Card

DSCN0918.JPG

Aussie. Spec. Region Destination Market Dealership Service Dept. Customer Waiting Lounge Playing Card

DSCN0919.JPG

Been on the hunt for one of these for a very long time. Finally landed one in the garage, Toyota part 09001-00020. The old Toyota tools have been reunited with the long lost cabinet they called home 38 years ago, and are in their final resting place. Last pic shows the chest in the 1981 tool catalog.

The folded tsunagi (coveralls) on the work shelf is the same one the tech in the catalog is wearing. Still need to find a hat!

The smaller box to the right of the cabinet in the fourth pic is its smaller counterpart, 09120-00010.

All of the tools are Toyota, with about 90% of them being the older versions marked "Toyota Motor" rather than just "Toyota", and are period correct to match the cabinet. The 35mm Alpha lock and 1# Maruki hammer are the only two non-Toyota pieces you see, but those were made for Toyota, the lock as an accessory to the early tool box lid and spare tire carrier, and the hammer to be included with very early tool rolls.

20191030_192219.jpg

20191030_192251.jpg

20191030_192403.jpg

20191030_194907.jpg

15726726825743480980864927148211.jpg

Congrats--very cool. So to fully complete the picture, if any of us happen to drop-by your garage when you're working on your 40, we'll see your tool cart, the proper Teq tools, and you-- correctly outfitted just like that Japanese mechanic-- with a white dress shirt and tie under your coveralls !

Where in the world do you find this stuff? Awesome!

(I don’t really expect you to give away your secret sources. Really.)

You need to get a hold of Ohno factory floor cap... these are nice!

As usual you got all the goods... kinda like the rich uncle who you buy a present for and he already has two of the cool thing you spent months tracking down :meh:

Congrats!!!

Now go find more :)

AC1F6EAD-349D-4FB0-BC21-1DC90F25AFC7.jpeg

@JohnnyC I'd wear that Ohno cap proudly. @middlecalf I don't mind sharing my secrets. Some already know, like @Splangy:

I took some 30 weight ball bearings (it's all ball bearings nowadays), prepared a fetzer valve with 3-in-1 oil, incorporated some gauze pads, added Prestone antifreeze, (no, Quaker State), and fixed the bypass line of my time machine. The bypass line controls the destination - if it clogs you could wind up in the middle of the Sahara. You set the bypass and the fetzer valve just right (fetzer controls the year - a quarter turn is about half a century) and voila, you are in the middle of a Tokyo automotive shop in 1959. Just reverse the process to get back to 2019. I recommend brushing up on your Japanese before you head out though.

Last edited:
@JohnnyC I'd wear that Ohno cap proudly. @middlecalf I don't mind sharing my secrets. Some already know, like @Splangy I took some 30 weight ball bearings (its all ball bearings nowadays), prepared a fetzer valve with 3-in-1 oil, incorporated some gauze pads, added Prestone antifreeze, (no Quaker State), and fixed the bypass line of my time machine. The bypass line controls the destination - if it clogs you could wind up in the middle of the Sahara. Set the bypass and the fetzer valve just right (fetzer controls the year - a quarter turn is about half a century) and voila, you are in the middle of a Tokyo automotive shop in 1959. Just reverse the process to get back to 2019. I recommend brushing up on your Japanese before you head out though.

And wash those windows. They got filth and muck on them

@JohnnyC I'd wear that Ohno cap proudly. @middlecalf I don't mind sharing my secrets. Some already know, like @Splangy I took some 30 weight ball bearings (its all ball bearings nowadays), prepared a fetzer valve with 3-in-1 oil, incorporated some gauze pads, added Prestone antifreeze, (no Quaker State), and fixed the bypass line of my time machine. The bypass line controls the destination - if it clogs you could wind up in the middle of the Sahara. Set the bypass and the fetzer valve just right (fetzer controls the year - a quarter turn is about half a century) and voila, you are in the middle of a Tokyo automotive shop in 1959. Just reverse the process to get back to 2019. I recommend brushing up on your Japanese before you head out though.

you made my Monday right there.... mmmhmmm.... don't forget your long multicolored scarf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom