TEQ tool roll & radiator drain extension (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found this stored away in the attic in and old box along with the original radiator. Just wondering if the tool roll was something Landcruiser came with or approximately how old something like this could be? Also I noticed the original radiator has an extension for the drain petcock anybody know if that would be able to replace the plastic drain plug in the “newer” Toyota radiator.
IMG_2924.jpeg
IMG_2925.jpeg

It's like a time capsule! When do you think it was stored away? The Toyota marked wrenches are very collectible. I see guys trying to reassemble the kit all the time.

It's like a time capsule! When do you think it was stored away? The Toyota marked wrenches are very collectible. I see guys trying to reassemble the kit all the time.
I’m honestly not sure when it could’ve been stored away.We’ve had “Larry the Landcruiser” in the family since new in 1977. I will have to take a closer look later on and see exactly all what’s in there.

If your family has owned “Larry” since new, that tool roll should be the one that came with it. Both are terrific survivors.

If your family has owned “Larry” since new, that tool roll should be the one that came with it. Both are terrific survivors.
Thanks! I was trying to figure out if that was something Landcruisers came with. Love finding out stuff about these trucks. 👍 I also have a yellow jack and what appears to be handles/extensions would that be something that came with cruisers as well?

Yes the jack and handles came with the truck. Nice find, the handles are hard to find.

Does your newer radiator have a drain valve that faces down? Have a picture?
IMG_3847.jpeg
IMG_3854.png

The first pic is of the drain it looks like it would have enough room to clear everything and the second pic is what I would like to transfer over to the radiator currently in the truck

I would bet it would fit... but maybe its time for a radiator flush and test fit. :)
What would you recommend for a flush? I’ve tried distilled water but it doesn’t really do much. I don’t have any overheating issues but coolant is orange/rusty.

You actually have two tool kits there.
The bag and some of the wrenches would have come with the 77.
The roll and most of the tools came from a much earlier land cruiser.

Found this stored away in the attic in and old box along with the original radiator. Just wondering if the tool roll was something Landcruiser came with or approximately how old something like this could be? Also I noticed the original radiator has an extension for the drain petcock anybody know if that would be able to replace the plastic drain plug in the “newer” Toyota radiator. View attachment 3491843View attachment 3491844

Sure ,

all that you need to do is determine the thread pitch and diameter of the SMALLER aftermarket correctly positioned plastic wing-nut plug , it WILL most likely be metric , due to the country of original parts maker i believe this particular set up is , but we need to be 100% certain here in every single way , because cross threading this new one leaves ZERO room for that ,,,,,,
- the 2nd and much more difficult task is actually successfully removing the old-skool cast iron tube that has 65+ years of age on time on its side , generally then get destroyed on a removal attempt ,

- not sure why TOYOTA mixed up the metallurgy of periodic tables back then like that ,,,,,odd indeed ?

- the same in-kind metal alloys modern skool of thought applies here , brass radiator , Brass drain tube right ....:idea:

- i have most of the common step-down adapters on-hand to adapt my original direct fit JIS Pipe Taper OEM Period Correct all marine grade solid brass reproduction drain tube , eazy-peezy ,,,,,

- Please PM me , with the needed thread pitch and diameter TECH , and i will see if i have the right step down adapter on-hand , if NOT , ill find one , and scoop up a few ....

- i like this drain petcock approach , ata well thought out by who makes and offers them , that's for sure

- i personally create , mill , and assemble each one in-house here at the Skunk Works laboratory , and ALL since day 1 receive my special details that matter pet-cock artistic flare signature icing on the cake FJ & 2F for each of my 96431-03873 / 96431-03874 tubes

- both threaded sections that mate have 100% TROY WEIGHT Silver Solder applied neatly and in a ample amount too , this = a LIFE TIME of reliable service for you :)

- no crust no rust , and no dis-similar metals corrosion issues ,.,,,,

matt

1701059976911.png

1701059995988.png

below was by fellow member special request , it was done exactly that way ..... :cool:
1701065034791.png
1701065053125.png
1701065043371.png

1701065075014.png
1701065067290.png

Last edited:
Sure ,

all that you need to do is determine the thread pitch and diameter of the SMALLER aftermarket correctly positioned plastic wing-nut plug , it WILL most likely be metric , due to the country of original parts maker i believe this particular set up is , but we need to be 100% certain here in every single way , because cross threading this new one leaves ZERO room for that ,,,,,,
- the 2nd and much more difficult task is actually successfully removing the old-skool cast iron tube that has 65+ years of age on time on its side , generally then get destroyed on a removal attempt ,

- not sure why TOYOTA mixed up the metallurgy of periodic tables back then like that ,,,,,odd indeed ?

- the same in-kind metal alloys modern skool of thought applies here , brass radiator , Brass drain tube right ....:idea:

- i have most of the common step-down adapters on-hand to adapt my original direct fit JIS Pipe Taper OEM Period Correct all marine grade solid brass reproduction drain tube , eazy-peezy ,,,,,

- Please PM me , with the needed thread pitch and diameter TECH , and i will see if i have the right step down adapter on-hand , if NOT , ill find one , and scoop up a few ....

- i like this drain petcock approach , ata well thought out by who makes and offers them , that's for sure

- i personally create , mill , and assemble each one in-house here at the Skunk Works laboratory , and ALL since day 1 receive my special details that matter pet-cock artistic flare signature icing on the cake FJ & 2F for each of my 96431-03873 / 96431-03874 tubes

- both threaded sections that mate have 100% TROY WEIGHT Silver Solder applied neatly and in a ample amount too , this = a LIFE TIME of reliable service for you :)

matt

I
Sure ,

matt

View attachment 3492397

View attachment 3492398
I will look into it and if I’m not able to salvage my original one I will order one from you. Thanks!

What would you recommend for a flush? I’ve tried distilled water but it doesn’t really do much. I don’t have any overheating issues but coolant is orange/rusty.
When was the last time the coolant was replaced? What coolant are you currently running? I would think a simple drain and refill with 50:50 mix (either classic green or Toyota Red) would suffice. But if the coolant is fouling quick, then maybe a serious flush is needed.

I will look into it and if I’m not able to salvage my original one I will order one from you. Thanks!

the SOLID TECH on finding out the correct adapter step down pipe taper fitting , is still 100% relevant same exact in kind applies to your salvaged tube plan ,

google the needed specs you have , something will pop up , shoot hard for solid BRASS too ....there out there , but illusive ..

:)

- i know you will be told other things and otherwise incorrect tech. , but the below matters and the Rocket Science is in-fact real , i saw it play out with my own eyes from 1993-2006 real time live at every single dealership i worked for ...

- you can and should faq check this your self ....

download 111.jpg   311.png

Last edited:
When was the last time the coolant was replaced? What coolant are you currently running? I would think a simple drain and refill with 50:50 mix (either classic green or Toyota Red) would suffice. But if the coolant is fouling quick, then maybe a serious flush is needed.
I redid the coolant lines and changed the coolant Toyota 00272-1LLAC on Halloween probably the first time it had been done in years it had sat for a while, then this past weekend I drained the coolant and filled it with distilled water let it get to operating temp then cool then drain both rad and block repeated that a couple times and coolant/water was still orange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom