Vintage TOYOTA MOTOR Hand Tools and "TEQ" Accessories (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Needed to add a little bling. Plated FJ45LV and Toyota first Car.
Toyota First Car.jpg

Toyota First Car Box.jpg

Silver FJ45LV Front.jpg

Silver FJ45LV Side.jpg

Also stumbled across an old Denso Catalog, which if you look close has what I think is the early clam shell heater on the front. Lastly, found some kind of sticker that has the vintage Toyota parts logo on talking about "Winter Check"
Denso Catalog.jpg

Winter Check Sticker.jpg

Standard Vacuum Oil, Co., or Stanvac, was started in 1933 after the merging of Socony-Vaccum and Jersey Standard. In April of 1953, Toyota General sales signed an agreement with Stanvac for them to become Toyota's automobile lubricant supplier. Evidently Stanvac's "Dolphin" brand was one of Stanvac's product lines. In September 1953 the 'Dolphin' mineral oil trademark was changed to "Castle", the likely origin of the long-lasting Castle brand.

Below are a couple of Castle branded containers. The large motor oil container is "A Standard.Vacuum Oil Co. Product". Stanvac dissolved in 1962, so we can presume the container was made sometime between September 1953 and 1962. The antifreeze can does not reference Stanvac, so guessing that would be a 1960's piece, maybe 70's.

IMG_3968.jpeg
IMG_3971.jpeg
IMG_3970.jpeg
IMG_3972.jpeg

Standard Vacuum Oil, Co., or Stanvac, was started in 1933 after the merging of Socony-Vaccum and Jersey Standard. In April of 1953, Toyota General sales signed an agreement with Stanvac for them to become Toyota's automobile lubricant supplier. Evidently Stanvac's "Dolphin" brand was one of Stanvac's product lines. In September 1953 the 'Dolphin' mineral oil trademark was changed to "Castle", the likely origin of the long-lasting Castle brand.

Below are a couple of Castle branded containers. The large motor oil container is "A Standard.Vacuum Oil Co. Product". Stanvac dissolved in 1962, so we can presume the container was made sometime between September 1953 and 1962. The antifreeze can does not reference Stanvac, so guessing that would be a 1960's piece, maybe 70's.

View attachment 3560612View attachment 3560613View attachment 3560614View attachment 3560615
Do you want to sell this one? I have several however I'm missing this one.

IMG_1581.jpeg

These were first shown way back in post #447 of this thread.

1712892212078.png

I speculated they were some sort of counterbalance. Learned they are just that.

They are counterweights for Toyota tiller/cultivators made in the 50s-60s by Toyota Automatic Loom Works. Below is a mid-60s manual for a KB-II model which clearly shows the weights at the front end. I believe the text at the bottom of the front cover translates "Toyota Automatic Loom Works", but you don't see the typical "TEQ" katakana characters. I suppose Google translate could be wrong.

It looks like the maximum number of weights which could be used was two, at least on the KB-II. I also speculated the weights were from the late 30s or 40s, but based on the manual that was way off the mark. I would think the one with the diamond-shape logo which matches the Loom Works logo is a little earlier, but not terribly certain on that. Either way, they are circa 50's/60's rather than a couple of decades earlier. Nice to finally get a positive ID.

IMG_4313.jpeg

IMG_4311.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom