Ultimate OEM 60 series parts still in stock (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was also looking at some of the body mounting cushions, bolts, retainers, washers, spacers and nuts.

Luckily, all of these parts are still available. I have been thinking about replacing all of the body mounts on my 60 and have been putting together the list of part numbers needed.

Also, front and rear bumpers and bumperettes are still available too. My DS rear is banged up a bit and just ordered a replacement.

Here is the handy schematic i drew up for the mounts.
The top number is the top rubber, the bottom number is the bottom rubber.
#1 is the same for both sides and so on and so on.

_____rHuWCreefurHe3-vi.jpg

_____rHuWCreefurHe0-vi.jpg

I was also looking at some of the body mounting cushions, bolts, retainers, washers, spacers and nuts.

Luckily, all of these parts are still available. I have been thinking about replacing all of the body mounts on my 60 and have been putting together the list of part numbers needed.

Also, front and rear bumpers and bumperettes are still available too. My DS rear is banged up a bit and just ordered a replacement.

When I removed the body mount bolts for a 1" lift earlier this year it was surprising to find that eight were in like-new condition while the other two were so corroded that the only way to get them out was to break them. The two that broke upon removal were both in the #4 position. Seemed odd.

When I removed the body mount bolts for a 1" lift earlier this year it was surprising to find that eight were in like-new condition while the other two were so corroded that the only way to get them out was to break them. The two that broke upon removal were both in the #4 position. Seemed odd.

It would have made sense if they were in the #6 position Steve!

:lol:

Nice schematic by the way Joe. A bit better that what the EPC provides.

:cheers:

I will say the after market grills from Tong Yang are just as good as the Toyotas. At 35.00 apiece well worth the money I've been using them for years and none have broken or dechromed like the oems have. Mike

Where would one buy an aftermarket grill?

My understanding is that amayama are Japanese OEM parts distributors for stuff you can't get in the US anymore.

I just attempted to order a 15600-41010 oil filter from their site. It seems you can't order the part directly, rather you must send an inquiry first. I will post back when they respond.

Zack

They check availability and shipping cost, then email you back a quote. I ordered an NLA carb SST from them and got it without issue and not too much of a wait. But I hope your credit card is in good shape....

They check availability and shipping cost, then email you back a quote. I ordered an NLA carb SST from them and got it without issue and not too much of a wait. But I hope your credit card is in good shape....

Credit card? As in they are expensive?

When you received the NLA carb SST, was it an OEM Toyota part?

Zack

Another one bites the dust:

27020-61071-84: OEM Reman Denso 55A alternator is disco city.

Both CDan and I have these in stock.

The 45A reman Denso is still available: 27020-61130-84

Last edited:
Pretty sure the 45A alternator is external regulator non-USA. Never seen a US-spec 81-87 2F with a 40 or 45A alternator. All appear to be equipped w/ internal IC regulator 55A or 60A.

Consider upgrading to the 80A 3FE alternator.
Allegedly still available as 27060-61090-84

Pretty sure the 45A alternator is external regulator non-USA. Never seen a US-spec 81-87 2F with a 40 or 45A alternator. All appear to be equipped w/ internal IC regulator 55A or 60A. Consider upgrading to the 80A 3FE alternator. Allegedly still available as 27060-61090-84

Correct externally regulated Jim.

3FE alternator supersedes: 27060-61091-84.

If my last order of this alternator is any indication, it took 3 weeks to get from order to arrival. Not a good sign.

CDan and I both bought up the remaining 6 55A alternators remaining in the US. I also have 10 of the correct regulators on order or in stock: 27700-38100-84.

Alright, I'm planning on rebuilding a 3FE, bored over a little bit. How worried should I be about procurement of parts Beno?

Alright, I'm planning on rebuilding a 3FE, bored over a little bit. How worried should I be about procurement of parts Beno?

Lots to worry about sir.

Especially EFI components: fuel pump bracket, fuel tank, injectors, etc. Lots of it is discontinued.

I would be doing what Godwin, Zach and a few other clients are doing if you are committed to the model: hoarding parts.

Last edited:
A few more parts disco'ed as of recently:

Rear upper hatch upper and lower weatherstrip (I got the last full set) for the FJ60/62

68281-90A00
68282-90A00

AC compressor idler pulley is now discontinued as well for the 2F:

88440-20060

Last edited:
woohoo, glad I got both of these (all my weatherstrips and gaskets) in the last month....as well as new door cranks (the regulators too)....sad to see all of these OEM parts going away.

..sad to see all of these OEM parts going away.

I agree. Then again, as CDan and I like to remind everyone, Toyota is not in the business of keeping a minute demographic driving 30 yr old gas guzzlers happy with parts support;

Toyota is in the business of making a boatload of money.

That's the long and the short of it.

I agree. Then again, as CDan and I like to remind everyone, Toyota is not in the business of keeping a minute demographic driving 30 yr old gas guzzlers happy with parts support;

Toyota is in the business of making a boatload of money.

That's the long and the short of it.

Aye, and in my opinion we're fortunate they've stocked parts for as long as they have. I think they even lasted longer than the parts for GM's '73-'87/'91 trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom