Ultimate OEM 60 series parts still in stock (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Figure there was enough interest from some folks to bump this thread.

It should actually be a sticky.

With the disappearance of more and more parts for the FJ60/62, it is going to be important to keep tabs on what is still available.

As is the general theory with Toyota parts stocking levels, most interior trim, color coded parts, non-safety items, seats, body panels, HVAC, frame and axle housings are gone.

Add to this the recent (within the past 8 months according to TMS USA) expiration of the fuel tank recall parts for the FJ62 (including tank, bracket, injectors, fuel pump, and a number of EFI related parts for the 3F-E).

That said, the 60 (as can be expected) still has many component systems still available from Toyota probably due to the sheer number and length of time the 60 series was in production worldwide in comparison to the short life span of both the 3F-E (merely a bridge engine) and the 62.

We can expect more and more things to disappear rapidly for the 62 as well as the 3F-E. I would not count on important engine items being available for much longer. Items shared between the two platforms (for example tail lights, side marker lights, window and door weatherstripping, dash switches, and xfer case parts) should be available for the foreseeable future.

But whatever algorithms are being used by the parts procurement and obsolescence bean counters in Toyota City (more than likely completely computerized at this point), they are hitting the FJ62 and the 3F-E particularly hard.

Anyway, here are some items I received today for a customer that gives hope for 2F owners that Toyota is still reasonably committed to the engine platform.

Notice on the 1.5mm over pistons that the date marked on the wrist pin is 2011. This means that ART is/was still manufacturing 2F pistons and internal components. This is still a good sign. Though it's been about 6 days since I put the initial order in, the turn around was pretty quick. I am still waiting on 5 conrods and 3 pistons with no current ETA on them. Would not be surprised that they will have to be JAL'ed from the Nagoya depot.

Hope this helps clarify and answer some questions--I've been getting a lot of them recently in relation to the 2F/3F-E and the 60/62.

Regards.
-onur

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4045.jpg

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

PS: I think the mods should make this a sticky so parts folks can update parts as needed.

Another note: While parts may be discontinued for the US market does not mean that it cannot be procured from another regional market (Middle East, South America, Japan)--it's just that most US parts guys aren't going to be much help beyond getting a correct part number for your own searches.

I know people have many possible part sources in other markets. I just discovered amayama.com and have been pretty impressed with what they "say" they have access to from Japan.

A few more available parts:

FJ60 fuel sender (with gasket and screws)

FJ60/62 rear hatch (body side) weatherstrip.

IMG_4081.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

IMG_4088.jpg

Correctomundo Johnny.

[congrats by the way... :cheers:]

Thank you sir :D She doesn't know what she's getting into :D

Is there a list of parts that are now NLA or is the only way to find out to try to order a part?

http://www.amayama.com/
great site,have ordered some parts from them, and about half the price than the Toyota dealer.

Thanks for posting this, I am in dire need of a transfer case 2-4wd shift rail from a 60 and nobody seems to have one, but they showed it in their database. I will wait to hear back! Otherwise I may need to buy an entire used transfer case.

Thanks for posting this, I am in dire need of a transfer case 2-4wd shift rail from a 60 and nobody seems to have one, but they showed it in their database. I will wait to hear back! Otherwise I may need to buy an entire used transfer case.

Did you try Georg (Valley Hybrids)? I bought some transfer linkage stuff from him a while back.

Did you try Georg (Valley Hybrids)? I bought some transfer linkage stuff from him a while back.

Yeah, he doesn't have one. I did get the twin stick from him, which is why I need this part.

Thanks though, that was an excellent suggestion.

So does this mean that 2F pistons are NOT NLA at this point?
Flattop pistons (81-87 2F) are still available from Toyota and aftermarket. AFAIK, the 1.5mm is only available from Beno and may require bribery of some sort to get off-line ordered from the mother country. ;)

The dome pistons are pretty much NLA aftermarket and definitely NLA from TMNA.

24V non-US front sidemarker lights are NLA. :frown: They were much better than the short-lived 12V light fixtures in US trucks.

Flattop pistons (81-87 2F) are still available from Toyota and aftermarket. AFAIK, the 1.5mm is only available from Beno and may require bribery of some sort to get off-line ordered from the mother country. ;)

All sizes of the 1981-1987 pistons are still available:

Standard, .50 OS, 1.00 OS, and 1.50 OS

Same goes for the 3F-E pistons.

Since people are interested:

OEM Engine Gasket kits available:

8/1980-10/1984: 04111-61044 (available)

10/1984-12/1984: 04111-61046 (available)

12/1984-8/1987: 04111-61062 (discontinued)

OEM HG/Valve Grind Kit:

08/1980-08/1987: 04112-61041 (available)

Other parts to consider:

OEM Tail pipe/muffler: 17430-61170 (available)

OEM exhaust cushions: 17567-61030 (available)

OEM cat: discontinued

OEM front pipe: discontinued

OEM exhaust/intake manifold set: discontinued.

OEM exhaust donut gaskets and hardware: (available)

OEM oil filter: 15600-41010 (discontinued). The only person who has these left is CruiserDan.

OEM front grille: 53111-90A01: (discontinued). I have the last one NIB in my warehouse.

OEM fenders: discontinued.

OEM headlight surrounds: available: 53131-90A01 and 53132-90A01

OEM Hood Assy: available: 53301-90A01

OEM Hood Silencer/Insulator: available: 53341-90A00

OEM Hood Seal (front one, rubber): discontinued

I'm actually in the middle of placing an order (waiting on the parts to arrive at the dealership). Unsurprisingly, most of the parts I checked on were NLA, to include:

5 speed shift knob
Parking brake boot
HVAC vents
HVAC surround bezel
HJ60 mirrors (I do believe the FJ60 mirrors, which none of us want, are still for sale)
The wingnut which secures the jack in the quarter panel

Contingent upon not being cancelled by Toyota, these are still available:

8155190A00 - Pass. Taillight Lens
8175029145 - Left & Right Rear Marker Light Assy.
8151190A00 - Right Front Park Light Lens
9991312000 - Pliers for Tool Kit
9991510700 - Screwdriver for Tool Kit
- Driver Taillight Assy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom