Builds The LF40 Wheeler Build - Twin Turbo & 8 Speed Auto FJ40 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have not a single clue what the Baja sae is But why is the cage so tall looks like you will have Feet of head room ?

I have not a single clue what the Baja sae is But why is the cage so tall looks like you will have Feet of head room ?
They come out like this. They are aquatic and buoyant and need to protect you if it rolls over

0F4E25EF-542B-4E1F-A82C-4BC9A2D3FECB.jpeg

EED98CF2-13AF-433A-A939-F5F89398338C.jpeg

Thanks! I use SolidWorks because I get it for free through school, but I only have a few months left of that. I need to start learning to use Confusion 360, It's definitely more of industry standard. I'll try and compile a list of all the DXFs I have, and I can make a dump file for people to download.

It would be sweet to make a full repository of 40 and 60 stuff. I may fully model a 40 and 60 frame for shyts and giggles this summer if I have time. You all may be seeing a bunch of Stout stuff as well if some things fall into place. We'll see about that, though.
I would be interested in your DXF as well.

We use Solid works here. I was a long time Autocad/ inventor user and switched to solid works with my latest job, we do alot of small part and machine design so it works well in solid works.

Maybe we should start a Ih8mud cloud for cut files? I wonder if we could get everyone on here to just save them in the same place? could make a cool library to pull from.

95th percentile males and 5th percentile females must fit in the cage, and have 6" min of headroom to bars with a helmet on. Makes them super tall.

They supply a cardboard cutout we use to determine fitmet.

I would be interested in your DXF as well.

We use Solid works here. I was a long time Autocad/ inventor user and switched to solid works with my latest job, we do alot of small part and machine design so it works well in solid works.

Maybe we should start a Ih8mud cloud for cut files? I wonder if we could get everyone on here to just save them in the same place? could make a cool library to pull from.

We should start it. I have a lot of parts I have run, and that fit well and are correct for a 40 frame.

Imagine one day an open source full 40 with every part available on CAD for anyone to take to a machine shop to machine whatever part they need. That would be epic.

The mini truss was bugging me looks wise, so I had to fix it.

Made some extra little wings. I think it looks better.

20230225_112753.jpg

Welded up.

20230225_123048.jpg

Link time.

20230225_144007.jpg

I'm building at full stuff-ish. Max bump will probably be around here, max articulation will probably be close to touching.

20230225_201500.jpg

Got the lowers in today, had to make some new more angled axle side brackets. Oh well.

20230225_201515.jpg

Had some weld washers lying around so I used them, why not, I guess.

20230225_201545.jpg

Need to trim the uppers, they ended up about an inch long.

20230225_201519.jpg

New truss looks way better in my opinion.

20230225_201628.jpg

Anyways, i'll get the uppers finished tomorrow.

Looking dam good 🥃 🥃

Spent about 2 hours at the ahop today and got the uppers in.

Drooped out.

20230226_105612.jpg

20230226_105646.jpg

20230226_105709.jpg

20230226_105736.jpg

Wait a second you have a center t case and a off set rear :hmm: lol. i have the flipped version

Mine is fine. i was worried but its working fine. my samurai was the same way when i put in toy axles from what i understand the early 40 where the same also

I'm barely using any of my joint angle, so i'll be good.

I'm barely using any of my joint angle, so i'll be good.
On a different note are you going to Cruise Moab this year ? My friend is friends with the Proffits so i guess we are staying at a condo next to them ? I am Leading Fri Poison Spyder and Sat Hells Revenge . . i can do Cliffhanger on Thur also but think i am going to be a passenger for a day

Last edited:
On a different not are you going to Cruise Moab this year ? My friend is friends with the Proffits so i guess we are staying at a condo next to them ? I am Leading Fri Poison Spyder and Sat Hells Revenge . . i can do Cliffhanger on Thur also but think i am going to be a passenger for a day

Oh, I'm going one way or the other. Dunno if it will be in my rig or a customer rig. Depends on how hard I work over spring break lol.

Thank you for doing all the hard work so i can copy it when i get to doing mine. hahaha I have a slightly more centered rear on my FF 80 though with the short side lengthened.

Nice. Hopefully the geometry is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom