Sway bar drop options (Links vs Brackets)?? (1 Viewer)

In anticipation of my lift install, I've been looking into sway bar drop kits :)

Checked out Slee and found their rear drop brackets and front spacers...

Then checked out MAF's extended rear links and front spacers...

When it comes to the rear sway bar extensions, is one type any better than the other?

I prefer the look of the longer MAF links than the brackets, but also like Slee's solid spacers up front more than the "H" style spacers :hmm:

I got front drop blocks for a very good price from a mudder @Hitit66 and got the longer heavy duty rear links from Wits' End/Landtank

FWIW, I was lifted for many years before getting these links and spacers and didn't notice much, if any difference, but I feel better about the beefy rear links in that I'm not going to break them.

The front drop blocks are also not difficult to make yourself if you'd like to try that out. Just a little bit of 2x2 box tube and a drill press.

Box Rocket

SILVER Star
Might be overkill for you depending on how your truck gets used, but but the LCP rear swaybar links are great and much stronger than stock as well as most other aftermarket ones. I had broken a few links before getting these.
IMG_4978 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

MyWhiteSheep

SILVER Star
I recently installed the front/rear combo from manafre. I think it was less than $100. (Pro tip - call them because sometimes they have items in stock that's not reflected on the website). I like the results. I also agree with #Box Rocket depending on how you drive your LC. Mine is a daily driver, with some overlanding and no crawling.

MyWhiteSheep

SILVER Star
I recently installed the front/rear combo from manafre. I think it was less than $100. (Pro tip - call them because sometimes they have items in stock that's not reflected on the website). I like the results. I also agree with #Box Rocket depending on how you drive your LC. Mine is a daily driver, with some overlanding and no crawling.
Correction @Box Rocket

REKCUT

SILVER Star
I also have LCP. Very nice. Also used the aluminum front spacers from @Hitit66 . I also didn't notice any driving difference but my stock ones were pulling at an angle and were destroying the bushings. Now its corrected.

OK, I'll be going with the extended links instead of the brackets :cool:

My OEM links are worn anyways and I'd rather not deal with the possibility of snapped bolts trying to remove the stock brackets :doh:

And as much as I like the solid Slee spacer blocks more than the "H" type spacers, buying them separately plus the ride from 2 separate vendors adds up quick, so I'll most likely be going with MAF's combo :hmm:

Trying to figure out what all else I might need before ordering (bump stops, LSPV bracket, etc.)

brockdeck

SILVER Star
I have the Slee drop kit, very happy with them on both front and rear. Im running stock links, so if you want something beefier the Landtank links are great on the rear. @NLXTACY Sells them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom