Stay at Home: What are you doing to make the best of this time? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do have some red oak I think. I’m not the best at identifying wood, but these slabs and some 1x I think are red oak. Whose good at identifying wood not based on leaves?

Give yourself some credit your better at identifying “WOOD” then you let on!!

Let go says NLA. I would have gone to buy it and call the cops on the way.

I forwarded all the info to the officer who had the case and I now have a detective assigned. The seller is deleting sold items from his profile which goes to show he's trying to cover things up. I sent over screenshots and apparently law enforcement can request all info from LetGo on an account and get all teh communication. I'm hoping they actually do all that and find the people who bought the equipment and just confiscate it.

Why the hell didn't you paint it!?

DIdn't think about it. I ordered the City Racer booster and will probably just swap that on now anyway.

I forwarded all the info to the officer who had the case and I now have a detective assigned. The seller is deleting sold items from his profile which goes to show he's trying to cover things up. I sent over screenshots and apparently law enforcement can request all info from LetGo on an account and get all teh communication. I'm hoping they actually do all that and find the people who bought the equipment and just confiscate it.
I am hopeful you will get action... I would try to put some pressure on the detective with your neighbors since they had stuff stolen, probably by the same guy or ring.

I do have some red oak I think. I’m not the best at identifying wood, but these slabs and some 1x I think are red oak. Whose good at identifying wood not based on leaves?
View attachment 2289515

If you have a clean crosscut you can tell from the end grain. Red oak has open pores and white oak has closed pores.

Any woodworkers out there? I Have 1” and 2” boards, most with trimmed edges, some with live edge (uncut). If you wanna make something out of oak or pine, shoot me a message. Perfect for making that outdoor bar or a bookcase inside (once you dry it) View attachment 2289388
@1428Mike ?

Wow! I actually got to go outside today and see that bright thing in the sky. It has been such a long time since I last saw it that I forget what it is called.

So, I hear that the meteorological and scientific communities have joined forces to try to figure out why the weather has been so bizarre lately. They have come up with two possible theories: Mother Nature is smoking some weird shi stuff and/or she is having a menopausal moment.

:cool:

I finally got out to clear out my storage unit. Won't be wasting $220/month on that anymore. This should offset some of the $591 electric bill... next order of business, figure out why I have a $591 electric bill. I know $138 is the deposit, but where's the other ~$450 coming from? Is this normal in NoVA?

Check for extension cords running from outside outlets to your neighbor's houses.

How old is your fridge? Does it run constantly? Is there an attic fan that runs all the time? Heated floors?
I haven't found anything going to anyone else's house. I think it's just a horribly inefficient heating system, (even though it claims to be energy star certified). All the appliances were replaced in the last ~3 years, lights are almost all LED, hot water heater is a fancy new one... I'm going to just leave the heat/AC off as much as possible until I can diagnose the problem.

Yeah I've been working from home going on 6 weeks now. My son is all shook up. Been telling him for years how our house is safe and our yard is safe. Need to figure out how to fix that now.
Late to the party with this reply but a German Shepherd who has a dog house under the back deck would be a good Start

My face when I finally decide to take the time to read some of my Toyota Trail magazines that Ive been methodically collecting for 2 years and put them in a prominent spot on the bookshelf and when I ask “hey honey- where have you been storing my Toyota Trail magazines?” And you find out that she’s been throwing each previous issue out with the recycling every time a new one arrives... on the bright side, she did hand me a copy of this month’s Food and Wine magazine to look at.

View attachment 2285281
Time to put her out with the recycling

Late to the party with this reply but a German Shepherd who has a dog house under the back deck would be a good Start
Such a timely comment! Sarah and I are supposed to go visit a German Shepard Dog rescue this weekend. I think it's finally time to have one again.

Time to put her out with the recycling
Thems fightin words... a better woman you’ll never find. Women usually have certain characteristics that lend them to recycling truck magazines. It’s just part of the package.

Thems fightin words... a better woman you’ll never find. Women usually have certain characteristics that lend them to recycling truck magazines. It’s just part of the package.
If she's anti-clutter, I rescind my comment.

It always sucks to hear this. If the cops do anything I will be surprised. I work with a lot of PD's and if its not murder, drug related and no one got hurt they tend not to put a lot of time into it. Especially since it crossed state lines. Not that its not important but its petty theft. Claim it on your homeowners and beef up security. You have already started on putting up more secure locks. Put up some motion lights and if you have decent wifi coverage in your back yard put up a camera or two. No need to get a ptz as they cost more money and they have a bigger chance of breaking. I deal in high end commercial stuff at work and had all of that at home but I started changing cameras out to Nest. I use the door bell, cameras, thermostat, and smoke detectors.

My neighbor is a Sthil dealer and had a few saws taken. Had the guy on camera. truck and tags and could positive id him and nothing happened. Guy was later picked up on drug charges and then was charged with the theft of the saws. Stuff was never recovered.

I haven't found anything going to anyone else's house. I think it's just a horribly inefficient heating system, (even though it claims to be energy star certified). All the appliances were replaced in the last ~3 years, lights are almost all LED, hot water heater is a fancy new one... I'm going to just leave the heat/AC off as much as possible until I can diagnose the problem.

HVAC design is my day job. I'm guessing that you've been heating your house and you have a heat pump? If so its likely that the heat pump is not coming on or your thermostat is set to "emergency heat" which just uses an electric coil like a space heater. Those coils use a LOT of power. I'd check there first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom