Sometimes It Is The Little Things... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
So I did NOT figure out why my 3FE loses its ability to idle when it gets hot this weekend. Like so many weekends before...

What I did do is fix the front passenger side door handle from sticking! Yippee! So now I don't have to fear using that door for fear I will never get it locked, or have to try and pull the knob out.

I also tightened up the rear view mirror so it no longer flops up and down when changing speeds.

A couple weekends ago I fixed the park brake lever from sticking and adjusted the park brake so I can now use it!

So these things are all small and minor in comparison to an engine that has a hard time idling when it gets heat soaked, but sometimes these small things make a Pig more fun to drive...

Anyone else have a mundane triumph over the weekend?

I replaced the rear drivers side tail light bulbs so now my left blinkers work! yay! now if I could just figure out my charging issue...

My mundane triumph? I finally have sill plates to keep the weatherstrip and pinch weld moulding in place (not to mention that it also looks better).

For the first time since Rubithon 2 years ago I was able to start, drive, park... repeat as I wanted ... successuflly. (yes, I would go out with a beer and start it just because it would)

Been fighting electrical demons since I bought the truck. I can now, with confidence and without knocking on wood, say its finally ready. Its been staring me in the face and mocking me the ENTIRE time - it was the alternator giving me false positives... what pain but its done only after - rewiring everything under the hood, LOTS of wire, protective plastic tubing, 2 new fuse panels, a new alt, and 3 batteries.

hoping to get most of it parted this weekend and ship stuff...roundup kind of put stuff on hold.

four pigs at roundup this year, at least two rolled. and there's a really bitchin pic of one of them, but you'll have to wait!!!

yeah little things are good, i have a short list of to do's, but havent been doing them.

pablo have you gone into temp senders or anything related? i would start off in that direction anyway,,, it wont idle when its warm,, when its warm is when the fuel ratio leans off choke mode so,, maybe?

yeah little things are good, i have a short list of to do's, but havent been doing them.

pablo have you gone into temp senders or anything related? i would start off in that direction anyway,,, it wont idle when its warm,, when its warm is when the fuel ratio leans off choke mode so,, maybe?

I agree with you, I was thinking fuel system related, but when ECU showed distributor and TPS, I figure I would clear those items up first and check the results...

i dont know why the TPS would change with temp,, but eh.

the only thing the dizzy would change related to engine temp would be the ign module going bad maybe,, but thats pretty rare.

a simple vacuum leak wouldnt cause it to stall out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom