Builds Saved from scrap - '97 LX450 build thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you could do it all over again, would you guys who went with 37s go to 35s?
I'd stay with 35s. Realistically I have no need for anything larger (like 95% of people), and the fitment voodoo and increased wear and tear that comes with 37s just isn't worth it to me.

They do look absolutely sick though.

I'd stay with 35s. Realistically I have no need for anything larger (like 95% of people), and the fitment voodoo and increased wear and tear that comes with 37s just isn't worth it to me.

They do look absolutely sick though.
You’ve sold me. I’m going 37s. I love wasting money remember?

I have a sneaking suspicion I'll have to de-flare at some point based on inevitable trail damage and the plastic being both old and brittle and NLA.

Not looking forward to it.
It only takes one tree hit and next thing you know your flare is flying past your window at 80MPH on the freeway... I swear it didn't look broken. That's when they all come off.

It only takes one tree hit and next thing you know your flare is flying past your window at 80MPH on the freeway... I swear it didn't look broken. That's when they all come off.

Mine came off on the freeway after an excursion at reiter....

I don’t know why you think there is something wrong with my driving…
7AFC4303-ACA5-4FF5-96A0-C709F10AEAF2.jpeg

If I had had flares they would have broken 😬

Apparently I got lazy and sat of this for a couple of weeks. Apparently the couch and bourbon were more important over the holiday.

Checked fit today, had the corner of the bracket welded and dropped off for powder coat. Hoping to install when I back home next.

PXL_20221202_153807247.jpg
PXL_20221202_153823289.jpg
PXL_20221202_154115648.jpg

DVS 4" arms swapped out for 5Ls.

Always amazed how my much use the chain comealong gets used when i work on suspension.

PXL_20221203_190329418.jpg
PXL_20221203_192242786.jpg

How much actual lift are you guys running? @Feldrian @Carey322 Are you both at just the right spot where the 4" arms are a degree off or some weird crap like that?
If I go to a higher lift, it's all of this component swapping I would love to avoid.

How much actual lift are you guys running? @Feldrian @Carey322 Are you both at just the right spot where the 4" arms are a degree off or some weird crap like that?
If I go to a higher lift, it's all of this component swapping I would love to avoid.
I just put Dobinson 4” flexi coils on. I haven’t had an alignment done yet, but based on how high it is sitting I’m guessing the castor numbers are going to be low. These same arms were on my other 80 with 3” springs and castor was 2.1 degrees.

I’m also considering swapping to get the 1” longer arms for the 40’s I just mounted.

@Carey322 Thanks. I can say pretty definitively that I will not put my rig on 40's. Here's one odd thing I found. I was trying to do some more spring research, so I was looking through the Tough Dog website. I placed all of the vehicle info into the required bars, and since I am thinking 4" lift, I also selected that. The springs for my selected application came back as 2" springs. I thought that was a bit strange.
Sorry @Feldrian for the slight derail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom