Builds Saved from scrap - '97 LX450 build thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PXL_20230402_203022831.JPG
PXL_20230402_201914915.JPG
PXL_20230402_203640116.JPG

I would be very interested in coming up to hit some of these spots with you all some time.

I would be very interested in coming up to hit some of these spots with you all some time.
This will probably be one of the last snow runs this season (I'm surprised we got a good run in April at all without a bunch of ice, TBH). There's always next season though!

Turns out the LC drags a LOT less than the Jeeps. Both the JK and the Gladiator were also on 37s and having a lot more trouble breaking trail than I was. My frame and belly pan had a good 3" more clearance, I'm a little narrower and the Delta bumper does a good job of channeling snow in the right directions.

See, this is the exact thing that has me in a pickle right now. I was just (the last week or so), going through the mental list of parts on hand that I could install. I ordered Dobinons IMS shocks last year during the Nov. sale. I thought I maintained sound judgment and ordered the 0-3" shocks which I could throw right on and be a happy camper. Nope. I ordered the 4-5" flavor. With snow and whiskey involved, a 4" lift and 37's seemed to make sense I guess. Fudge.

This is a really nice and clean setup. Where did you source the connector ends and insulated covers?
All Amazon. If you search "battery terminal cover" you'll get a bunch of options. The connectors underneath are tinned terminal lugs, again tons of options to n Amazon. Most important piece is how you crimp the terminals - if you're a low volume user like me, harbor freight makes a hydraulic crimper that's affordable and seems to work well.

You can get them similar priced from Summit and Amazon as well - i only went with this one because i needed it same day.

See, this is the exact thing that has me in a pickle right now. I was just (the last week or so), going through the mental list of parts on hand that I could install. I ordered Dobinons IMS shocks last year during the Nov. sale. I thought I maintained sound judgment and ordered the 0-3" shocks which I could throw right on and be a happy camper. Nope. I ordered the 4-5" flavor. With snow and whiskey involved, a 4" lift and 37's seemed to make sense I guess. Fudge.
That sounds like an opportunity, not a problem 😎

All Amazon. If you search "battery terminal cover" you'll get a bunch of options. The connectors underneath are tinned terminal lugs, again tons of options to n Amazon. Most important piece is how you crimp the terminals - if you're a low volume user like me, harbor freight makes a hydraulic crimper that's affordable and seems to work well.

You can get them similar priced from Summit and Amazon as well - i only went with this one because i needed it same day.
thanks!!

That sounds like an opportunity, not a problem 😎
Yeah? There's just a lot of accessory bits and pieces that need to be changed as well. I'm already firmly down the path of staying the same mild build. The longer IMS shocks will be exchanged. No breaking trail in the snow for heeps for this guy.

Yeah? There's just a lot of accessory bits and pieces that need to be changed as well. I'm already firmly down the path of staying the same mild build. The longer IMS shocks will be exchanged. No breaking trail in the snow for heeps for this guy.

I let Matt break trail. I just drive into ditches and follow Matt until the jeeps quit.

I let Matt break trail. I just drive into ditches and follow Matt until the jeeps quit.
You should have been on the Tonga run with us a few weeks later. 5' of snow was no joke. Fun as hell though!

Probably resurrecting a dead thread, but I followed your build, and then lost it. FOUND it again a bit ago and went the rest of the way through it. Good job, and glad you've built it like you want it, and used it! It looks like you have had a blast!! Thank you for sharing the adventures!

Probably resurrecting a dead thread, but I followed your build, and then lost it. FOUND it again a bit ago and went the rest of the way through it. Good job, and glad you've built it like you want it, and used it! It looks like you have had a blast!! Thank you for sharing the adventures!
Should’ve kept it dead man!

Lol, it's not dead it's just hibernating until i have somewhere i can actually park both of my cruisers. The unicorn is parked at a buddy's place 45 min north of me at the moment, so I'm not getting much time with it.

That and I've been abusing the hell out of crawler this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom