Builds Removing SBC conversion, going back to Toyota. 1972 Frame Off (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice looking Britt, glad you got him out. Where did you get that pup, did I help with that? Sorry to sidetrack on the thread but I'm a sucker for Brittanys. Truck is looking stellar.

Nice looking Britt, glad you got him out. Where did you get that pup, did I help with that? Sorry to sidetrack on the thread but I'm a sucker for Brittanys. Truck is looking stellar.

Thanks, Jim. You were the enabler for the pup. He came from Flint. The breeder was going to keep him but she thought he’d be too big for what she needed.

29541892-4384-49B7-9A25-E7ED5925F4A8.jpeg

You're just showing off now!

Looks AWESOME!

Thanks, Ryan.

The Dakota is customizable with different modules. I will be installing a GPS speedometer and the outside air temp sender. All of the non stock add ons will be wired into an aux fuse block.

On the 72+ stock fuse block there are ignition power and constant power tabs that can be tapped to charge a relay so the stock harness won’t be carrying any load for the seat heaters, AC and the gauges.

B36A080A-8968-4660-A831-8E8924A1E9CD.jpeg

Is your Pewter Silver Powdercoated or Sprayed? If PC what color?

It’s sprayed, base semi gloss clear that was matched to the inside of a seat back. The metallic is really fine and doesn’t show in pictures very well.

@GA Architect had some of his done in Vegas gold powder?

I ran grounds from battery to block, battery to frame and frame to starter bolt.

Power from battery to starter and then the fusible link will connect to battery positive as well.

(Nothing is tight yet, I ran out of shrink tube and it will all come back apart to wrap up AC install.)

EA353CDE-898C-41C3-B162-145A9ECC7C3C.jpeg

B28EB6CE-C6FD-4786-8834-0F1AF028352A.jpeg

F164B2C4-3483-449A-93F2-0423A8E76413.jpeg

Last edited:
Im thinking of having the sides of my cruiser coated in clear bra, have you thought of doing that to yours? Might be a good way to help protect the paint.

That’s a great idea. I wonder what it would take to rip it. I doubt that this one will see anything besides pavement. I envy you guys that are out West and the amount of wheeling options that you have. Here it’s mostly mud unless you drive 4 or 5 hours.

The main reason that we decided on base/clear was the ability to fix any chips or scratches.

That’s a great idea. I wonder what it would take to rip it. I doubt that this one will see anything besides pavement. I envy you guys that are out West and the amount of wheeling options that you have. Here it’s mostly mud unless you drive 4 or 5 hours.

The main reason that we decided on base/clear was the ability to fix any chips or scratches.
You can have the whole body covered in clear bra but its gets expensive. Good clear bra should last about 7 years-longer if garage kept mostly. I did base coat clear coat as well. I like how it makes the factory colors pop more. Another option is ceramic coating the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom