Rear Window Tight Fit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just what I was typing. I wouldn't ruin your cover. That gear was one from MId Organic or something, he didn't have the groove put in. Maybe use a dremel and groove out the brass.

As Bob would say "There's a reason" that groove is in there and Toyota went through the hassle of making the cover to fit, but I don't know it.

2 words, "Ambulance Doors"...
Yep. Not sure why Toyota did not do them for the US market. Love them on my 80

B88C7AD1-1FCB-483B-9CEC-AD39B2B20312.jpeg

Probably not the best solution, might want to take a second look at that if you haven't already started grinding.

Something has to give. I have not done it but I’m not sure what else to do besides pull this gear (for the 3rd time) and have it machined with a ridge.

Something has to give. I have not done it but I’m not sure what else to do besides pull this gear (for the 3rd time) and have it machined with a ridge.
I have read posts somewhere in MUD where they had the same gear and did machine the groove in as in the factory plastic gear. A pain but probably the right way to do it.

Option (A) send me the gear and I’ll machine it for you.

Option (B) find a local machine shop and have them machine it for you.

Option (C) get a die grinder or Dremel tool and whittle a grove in the gear yourself.

Devon Barker just posted this 3D instruction file for the gear:

I’m going to dremel mine out. I’m really tired of messing with it. I might break something if I have to dig this one out again.

Thanks for the offer to Machine it J Mac.

You know better than most, working on a Land Cruiser is a test of patience. Dig down deep and get it figured out.

Ive got it in my mind I’ll go through all this and it will still be jacked up.

I did not mention the fact that I had to go get another mechanism from a parts truck because I broke the one frim my truck digging out the brass gear the second time.

I’m about 8 hours into this tailgate .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom