rear body mounts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This next week I am going to be getting trans to the engine and then I guess I'll lower it in and see what"s what.

I have randomly heard that one needs the rig to be at ride height. It doesn't seem like that really plays in here.

Pictures will follow.

All the years I have had a 55 I remember many things that I didn’t get and then when finally ready they werent around!

Man! I can’t believe I have an engine inthe garage!!
Yep, I have missed out on a few things over the years, so I do the same. I have a 38mm split-case that has been in the garage >10 years (even moved it once), just waiting for that H55F!...

Insight into Tached Out's weekend shenanigans...

7070D48A-D08A-49D6-9555-8DCD359D6432.jpeg

Just enjoying the buzz.
View attachment 2782287

My buddy, as I was "oh my god, this is rad" showed no interest. When questioned he was said "let me show you some of my fishing reels". Oh, okay, got that.
The he said get it done so we can fish ‘those places’!
Sounds like Paulie

Got some research to do!
So this is on the bump stops. Do know I will be having a 2-3” lift.
Still gotta move this thing around a bit. As it sits - AC compressor hits the pumpkin, oil pan doesn’t clear the tie rod, and seems to be hitting in the trans tunnel.
3E2FA611-5F03-4980-B0B0-E8FBD18D5A34.jpeg
A9B4CDF9-0040-46E9-ABCB-04C069654A1F.jpeg
BCBBB362-2EBC-4D44-9CED-0F64704A1614.jpeg

Way stoked to see it in this spot in my garage!!!

I am thinking maybe I get the lift in before I do engine mounts. Seems like that will give me more room for the engine…? Maybe I can let all the air out of the tires to fit it in my garage.
Starting to search the 80 forum for LS swaps.

Others who have actually stuffed a V8 in will chime in, but I think you need to clear the suspension whole on the bump stops or your asking for trouble.

I do think there are a ton of different accessory mounts out there for LS which would move the AC outta the way?

Got some research to do!
If I had to do it over I would have cut the firewall and move the engine up two inches, wouldn't take much to make your life better and all that sheet metal is fast and easy to remake compared to moving suspension around not to mention a lower station wagon is better off road.

That was the direction I was thinking. Gonna do a little trimming on the firewall, cut and move the rear end of the trans tunnel aft, and see if I have learned anything with some metal fabbing! Goal is to make it look like I didn't do anything to the area, right?! I'm up for the challenge!

Bummed this is work week, but at least at night I can sit in the garage and think my strategy through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom