PTO Winch License plate Holder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

Did Toyota make a special license plate bracket to use with their PTO winch AND foglights mounted on the bumper?
On the picture, the bezel is square, so it must be a 7901+ bracket.

As a comparison, I took a picture of a front bumper and there are no holes.
This is from a '76, but it seems like all years shared the same bumpers.

Any idea?

Thanks guys!

ptowinch.jpg

Last edited:
There is another set of holes on the right just outside the frame rail that were used for the license plate bracket to bolt to the top of the bumper. Also suppose be be a special license plate bracket that bolted to the bottom of the bumper in that Location for when a winch and factory fog lights were installed. The license on those was in front of the bumper not hanging below. While there are factory fog light here not sure Toyota every installed them. Middle East they seem to be on almost all 4x series. Until the last half of the seventies PTO winches were pretty common here and license bracket was mounted to the right side.

Yeah, it should be:

"Did Toyota ever make a special bracket to use with their PTO winch AND foglights mounted on the bumper."
I have edited the first post.

Yeah, perhaps it was mounted using other holes.

Thanks for your input.

Anyone has an idea or image?

@JohnnyC will probably have a picture from factory literature showing the license plate bracket bolted the bottom of the bumper. Believe it was from around 1973/1974.

@JohnnyC very interesting, that's another way to put the license plate on with the PTO winch + fog lights combo.
It seems to be centered on the bumper front hole, so my guess is that this bracket may have been attached using the 2 bolts of the bottom bumper stay.

@scrapdaddy that's a clean rig, it looks good. And the bracket looks simple and does the job.

Here is a mockup of how it would look, for a bottom mount.

bumper bracket.jpg

OK just to close this thread, I found that there was a bracket made for this purpose.

From the epc_general.exe

Part#: 75101-60020
Name: Bracket, Front License Plate
Detail: FOR W/WINCH & FOG LAMP

epc_front_license_bracket.jpg

:beer:

I was wondering about this also. I have the OEM fogs and PTO on a 68. Is the bracket still available or does someone have one I can copy?

The FJ Company Mounts Most of there OEM Fog lamps & Brackets in the Optional PTO winch Location & Method , Bracket sideways behind winch up close to bib

they use the small common amber bulb clear glass type lamps , I have never seen them use the larger mesh grill ones

Finnish version, that’s how the reg.plate is mounted here ‍♂️
8ACFDF34-498D-4566-8361-D4EFC6CF4614.jpeg

I will move the plate somewhere else, when I get them back. Those have been missing last 15 years.

The older parts fiche identify a part number for a front license plate holder "for with winch".
Part no. 75101-60020. NLA, of course!

upload_2018-3-14_19-57-42.png

upload_2018-3-14_20-1-51.png

I was wondering about this also. I have the OEM fogs and PTO on a 68. Is the bracket still available or does someone have one I can copy?

There are pictures on the forum, but I still don't know how they were fixed on the bumper/winch.

The FJ Company Mounts Most of there OEM Fog lamps & Brackets in the Optional PTO winch Location & Method , Bracket sideways behind winch up close to bib

they use the small common amber bulb clear glass type lamps , I have never seen them use the larger mesh grill ones

Yeah right.
fjco_fog_license.jpg

Some even put the license plate there. (photo from treerootco)
winch1-jpg.16316

source:
factory fj40 upright winch mount/bumper

Also, from what I've learned, the larger fog lights are JDM.

Finnish version, that’s how the reg.plate is mounted here ‍♂️
View attachment 1654091

I will move the plate somewhere else, when I get them back. Those have been missing last 15 years.

Great, glad to see another BJ.

You can relocate this plate as shown by treerootco. :)

I can see on your rig that you have the headlight washers!?
Do you trigger them using the wipe/wash switch?
Do you have any picture showing the hose, and where it connects to?

I can see on your rig that you have the headlight washers!?
Do you trigger them using the wipe/wash switch?
Do you have any picture showing the hose, and where it connects to?
@-MaTTi-
Headlight washers?!?!
That’s right. I have to confess I have no idea where is the button or do they work always with windscreen washer. I have not driven with my BJ42 yet, just tested it around the garage.

I’ll take pictures at weekend, there is two different washer bottles at left side in the engine compartment.

Here is the diagram of the parts:
7BED1BBA-A2C4-4FD1-A016-F99DD7316473.png

Last edited:
@JohnnyC Thanks for the information.

@-MaTTi-
MoCoNative explains how to activate them on his FJ60:
...My biggest complaint with the headlight washers on an FJ60 is that they can only be sprayed while activating the windshield washers when the headlights are on.

It may be the same on the BJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom