factory fj40 upright winch mount/bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

no pic......I guess they way I wrote it ya would have expected one.....but nope.

Here's one on my bros 82, "The Duke", prolly a dealer install definitely original.

yeah thats the Confer version that was a common unit installed on 40 at the dealer or elseware. I am looking for the "orignal" non US version........which I am assuming there must be one made.......but maybe not.

DocB said:
Here's one on my bros 82, "The Duke", prolly a dealer install definitely original.

Landpimp said:
yeah thats the Confer version that was a common unit installed on 40 at the dealer or elseware. I am looking for the "orignal" non US version........which I am assuming there must be one made.......but maybe not.

John,

If you look at the '82 FJ40 FSM, the diagrams show both the PTO and electric winches and rollers mounting above the stock bumper. The EPC shows a reinforcment channel piece for inside the bumper for use with the electric winches. My guess is that there was not a OEM winch bumper for the 40s.

Bill

I'll take pics of mine next week...remind me....

I have a 1974 warn upright and what appeared to be a factoryish plate behind the front bumper.

The ends are trimmed down, and it's not terribly straight...it's actually in the recycle/junk pile (well, but bumper is, the winch will works great!)

that would be great, I know there is a plate......just can't find one.....so if it needs a new home besides the junk pile.......ya just let me know :)

John

woody said:
I'll take pics of mine next week...remind me....

I have a 1974 warn upright and what appeared to be a factoryish plate behind the front bumper.

The ends are trimmed down, and it's not terribly straight...it's actually in the recycle/junk pile (well, but bumper is, the winch will works great!)

John I kinow this is a crappy pic, but the best I got, this upright mount is on a 78 Pig in the hoard, and it looks OEM, what say ya? THe licence plate is on the mount, Sat I'll try and shoot some close ups.
Butch
warn pig.jpg

Butch, that might be what I am looking for......please take some more pics when ya can. Maybe between you and Woody I might be able to get rid of my Warn mount.........folks are making fun of it.....;)

Oh and I would guess it fits a 8274 pattern..

John

Texican said:
John I kinow this is a crappy pic, but the best I got, this upright mount is on a 78 Pig in the hoard, and it looks OEM, what say ya? THe licence plate is on the mount, Sat I'll try and shoot some close ups.
Butch

OK, I see how it works. There is no OEM winch bumper its the same for no winch, PTO or Aisin. there is a chanell that is inserted in the bumper with captive nuts. there is a C chanell across the rear of th frame rails. The winch sits down on the top of the bumper, 2 bolts into the chanell, the fairlead bolts also bolt thru the bumper into the chanell. On the rear of the winch(unlike a 8274) there are 2 more bolts that go to the back C chanell.

90281986.jpg

So it won't really work with a Warn....

but still interesting Butch and Woody.

guess something could be made.......but I don't have mad skills :D

my bumper housed a 74 cable-type Bellevue and was later tweaked for a new 8274-50.

I'll drag it out this weekend (bottom of scrap pile) and pop a pic-two....driving to St Louis and back tonight, so ya may have to wait until Sat :D

man you couldnt have found a better pic!

but sadly it won't work with a Warn upright :(

I have been trying to find a Aisan upright in 12volt.......but no luck.....maybe never even made one.

oh and those mirrors...........I found them(OEM not repo), but they are just a bit spendy at $400 EACH!!!!!!!!

my rims were also white on my 82.....then gray........now chrome :D

treerootCO said:
The rims are white on that rig. Click on the link below for the pics I found on the internet.

Click for zip file of pics

They're supposed to be white, but we've been over this :D

Somebody likes their bling :rolleyes:

chrome was an option :grinpimp: :flipoff2:

cruiser ken said:
They're supposed to be white, but we've been over this :D

Somebody likes their bling :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom