Overhauling is doing a 40! Should have some interesting tech... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
Gotta have the app to watch but looking forward to it.

Link doesn't work.

Google foo it...

Last edited:
I think they did that one years ago..had some Bro wheels on it and was ready for the mall with a snorkle too I think.

Edit. I think that was Pimp My Ride!

I think they did that one years ago..had some Bro wheels on it and was ready for the mall with a snorkle too I think.

Edit. I think that was Pimp My Ride!

The infamous pimp my ride yellow cruiser...pretty sure that one passed hands through here at some point

:rolleyes: don't forget the 20" chrome wheels and two tone metalic paint job
Chrome is so yesterday, they will put matte black on it and make it overlanding rig!

Ok... here's a couple pics.
Ls3 power
Bit too much cygnus. They called it cream...
Wheels are a no go for me, but all in all, Nice restomod that for me would be super easy to get it right where I wanted...

20191221_003542.jpg
20191221_003509.jpg
20191221_003525.jpg

Did they forget the weatherstripping around the doors?

Wheels aren't that bad but the chrome thingy in the middle looks like it belongs on a rappers car.

To much "cream" but that is easy enough to change.

They "were" on to a good look, then things went sideways. What is with the steering wheel and shaft housing color? Should have been black. To much contrast with the color of the roll bar, seat frames. I can take or leave the wheels but a medium gray semi gloss would have been much better and without the chrome mini hubcap.
There...fixed
I can't imagine going around a corner in it, could it be any higher? I don't get the lift thing.

Did they forget the weatherstripping around the doors?

Wheels aren't that bad but the chrome thingy in the middle looks like it belongs on a rappers car.

To much "cream" but that is easy enough to change.

If you are talking about the hood spear, it’s stock on the early 40s.

Not necessarily the subject vehicle but.......... I've always wondered how well any of these restoration/modification products last if they are used for anything other then a hanger queen. The final finish and paint looks very good and the drive trains are usually new or rebuilt. But how does all the sheet metal work and radically redone interiors hold up ? The auto industry builds mostly rattle free vehicles that undergo significant testing yet these guys slam some foam and leather onto plywood or synthetic board and make an interior in days, same for dashes. What form of prep do the undersides of the sheet metal get ? Does all that skim coat filler hold up on the body ?

I wonder where the top went?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom