Builds Oman -> SoCal 1995 FZJ75 Troopy (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mine came with the same chrome mirrors, but i thought they were too big so i got the smaller version in black, then realized they were too small so i got the taller OE mirrors in black and have been quite happy, they are convex slightly, you know "objects in mirror" but i still put a blind spot dot in the corner.

your new mirrors are like the Clear View also,,,, waay too big for me but we all have our own thats what makes these builds fun to keep up with.

looks like they have a blinker function? you gonna hook that up?

mine came with the same chrome mirrors, but i thought they were too big so i got the smaller version in black, then realized they were too small so i got the taller OE mirrors in black and have been quite happy, they are convex slightly, you know "objects in mirror" but i still put a blind spot dot in the corner.

your new mirrors are like the Clear View also,,,, waay too big for me but we all have our own thats what makes these builds fun to keep up with.

looks like they have a blinker function? you gonna hook that up?
No blinker on these, no wires in the mirrors.

I agree they're slightly larger than I wanted, but too late now to turn back.

Installed Xploreglazing sliders on all 4 windows.

Not in love with drilling holes to mount these, nor the amount of caulk needed around them after install. I'm not great at running a bead of caulk, so it looks good from far, but far from good.

Painted the recessed part of the window with master series silver first.
Did you use a pneumatic or battery-powered caulk gun? I'm debating on buying one if I go this route, and esp. if I get the Alu-Innovations top. Did you use an entire tube per window?

Did you use a pneumatic or battery-powered caulk gun? I'm debating on buying one if I go this route, and esp. if I get the Alu-Innovations top. Did you use an entire tube per window?
I used just a manual powered one. I'd recommend you make a relatively small hole in the caulk you're going to use. Xplore sent me a tube, but it was DOW791, but just a singular tube which I knew wasn't going to be enough. I ended up using a GE black window sealant. Took one tube for each side, so two tubes total. GE Advanced Black Silicone 2 Window and Door Caulk Sealant 10.1 oz - Ace Hardware - https://www.acehardware.com/departments/paint-and-supplies/caulk-and-sealants/caulk/12545

I recommend using a powered gun. (which sort of power actually doesn't matter; whatever you have available in your shop).
I used a manual one on my windows, but it was pain, and the application wasn't that even I wanted it to be.
You probably can rent one somewhere. It's worth the money.
Good Luck Ralf

So, have had transmission or clutch issues the entire time I've had this truck.

Now, if I give the gas pedal any semblance of force, the vehicle redlines and I get a burning clutch smell.

Clutch is shot yes?

Vehicle still driveable in 1/2/3 gear, just zero ability to "floor it".

So, have had transmission or clutch issues the entire time I've had this truck.

Now, if I give the gas pedal any semblance of force, the vehicle redlines and I get a burning clutch smell.

Clutch is shot yes?

Vehicle still driveable in 1/2/3 gear, just zero ability to "floor it".

Hello,

Have you replaced the accelerator cable?

In old age, metal fatigue deforms the cable. It cannot control the carburetor properly. You either get too much rpm or not enough rpm.

And yes, maybe it is time to replace the clutch.

Juan

Hello,

Have you replaced the accelerator cable?

In old age, metal fatigue deforms the cable. It cannot control the carburetor properly. You either get too much rpm or not enough rpm.

And yes, maybe it is time to replace the clutch.

Juan
Thanks Juan. Haven't checked the accelerator cable but will definitely check.

Finally got my 200 series back, taking the troopy in for servicing next week.

Thanks Juan. Haven't checked the accelerator cable but will definitely check.

Finally got my 200 series back, taking the troopy in for servicing next week.

Hello,

Take the chance to install the two cable supports that bolt into the engine block. One on the left-hand side, which is used on the 1FZ-FE. The other on the right-hand side, which is used on both the 1FZ-FE and the 1HZ.

Juan

Hello,

Take the chance to install the two cable supports that bolt into the engine block. One on the left-hand side, which is used on the 1FZ-FE. The other on the right-hand side, which is used on both the 1FZ-FE and the 1HZ.

Juan
There is certainly some slack in my accelerator cable going to my carb. Is this too much?

IMG_6293.jpeg

IMG_6294.jpeg

IMG_6295.jpeg

IMG_6296.jpeg

There is certainly some slack in my accelerator cable going to my carb. Is this too much?

Hello,

It does look fatigued.

It is better to replace it.

Juan

Last edited:
Hello,

This part is right.

Take the chance and replace the pedal spring as well. It is another part that gets tired after 20 plus years. It is in the same neighborhood as the cable.

Juan

Dropped her off at Cruiser Tech in Laguna Hills, California. Mech who drove it confirmed my clutch is destroyed.

Getting the clutch fixed, along with the tranny (H150F) rebuilt.

They told me they'll be getting in touch with @cruiseroutfit for parts!

IMG_6355.jpeg

IMG_0007.jpeg

Jealous of your jerry can carrier on your Kaymar. I have twin spare carriers, wish I had a can carrier. Thinking of a way to fab one up using the left spare tire carrier.

Good luck with your trans rebuild!

Jealous of your jerry can carrier on your Kaymar. I have twin spare carriers, wish I had a can carrier. Thinking of a way to fab one up using the left spare tire carrier.

Good luck with your trans rebuild!
Thanks!

I think you can change the swing outs if you don't have a Jerry can holder. However, LRA isn't a Kaymar dealer anymore, meaning you cannot order through a US company.

You'll have to contact Kaymar direct in Australia and get it shipped. But shipping is outrageous because of how heavy it is.

Thanks!

I think you can change the swing outs if you don't have a Jerry can holder. However, LRA isn't a Kaymar dealer anymore, meaning you cannot order through a US company.

You'll have to contact Kaymar direct in Australia and get it shipped. But shipping is outrageous because of how heavy it is.

Interesting, I didn't realize LR America was no longer doing Kaymar. Kaymar recently got bought by a large automotive company in Australia and I've heard rumors said company is potentially going to open their own US distributorship so perhaps that is the situation? Kaymar has been in and out of the US quite a few times now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom